Regular Contributor
We found our dog!!!! We went yesterday and the SPCA was great. The people were so nice and helpful. They are packed with dogs which is so sad. We wanted to take them all. But we did find the cutest little Shih Tzu. He's white and tan - five years old. I was surprised we could take him right away. They bathed him and that was it. There was paperwork and we were asked for written references which we had. He was recently surrendered by a couple who are divorcing and neither could take him. We have a six year old Shih Tzu and they seem to get along well. The both slept on the same doggie bed on the first night. We couldn't be happier. Oh his name is Sam. Thanks again for the recommendations. Betty
Honored Contributor

Good news, I'm happy for you, Sam, and his new best friend.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so happy for you - that is great news! I just knew that a special little fur baby would adopt you. It sounds like he has already become part of the family!

Respected Contributor

What a wonderful adoption story! Sounds like they are best friends already.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

A beautiful story!

We too are looking to adopt a small doggie. A big pet adoption is taking place this weekend with all pet rescues aspca and asap places showing their animals. Planning to go.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for going to a shelter. So many wonderful fur babies.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

We found our Scruffy at Petfinders.com...... Just type in your zip code and they post pictures of rescues who are in foster homes. She was in a home right near us and they bring their dogs to the local Petsmart on the weekends. We asked her to bring Scruffy that weekend, and we knew we wanted her.... That was 3-1/2 years ago...... She is perfect.... A Glen of Imaal Terrier, not fully grown and about 8-10 months old and 22 lbs. Now she is full grown and weighs 32 lbs.

The story was - she was in Kentucky and was being chased by some other animals at a rest stop and she jumped into a car whose passengers were coming to Florida. They took her along and brought her to a Vet. She was full of fleas and ticks. She got her shots and was given to her foster family who had her for a couple of weeks until we saw her on Petfinders.

She was/is totally housebroken and so smart and playful and full of energy. My husband is out there right now playing frisbee with her. They are a perfect match. I would have preferred a lap dog but this was his turn and he wanted a "man's dog"..... after having our Bichon and Maltipoo for the last 19 years.... There's nothing like a rescue....

I'm so happy we have her......

Honored Contributor

Always does a heart good to read a post such as yours. I know Sam will share all his love with you and all of you will be happier in return.

Thank you for this update.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
Okay, what we need here now are pictures of the new adoptee and her new best friend!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

So happy to hear this!!