Honored Contributor

Re: People putting hair remover in shampoo bottles now

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I saw the pic of her shaved head, but it just looks like it had been shaved.

I don't see any "bald" patches -- where the hair had all fallen out and left shiny, bald patches. Know what I mean?

@Daisy Sunflower  She said she shaved it after it started falling out, but I do understand what you are saying. There is another story on yahoo about a person that used the same brand conditoner, purchased at Walmart, and has big bald spots that does look like her hair fell out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

So what's worse? That someone may have done this or that someone is perpetuating a hoax?

To me, it's a draw becasue although the latter sounds less menacing, it fans the fears, especially those who tend to see the world through the prism of exaggerated anxiety.

Then there's the question:  "Why is the price of my shampoo getting so expensive?" 

Manufacturers will have to make their products 'safer' in order to reduce fears and that just drives the cost.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw her pictures on facebook. large bald spot on the top of her head. most of the back half of her head also mostly bald. She went to a hairdresser to see if she could get extentions, and they told her it would pull out the rest of the  weakened hair on her burned scalp. She started a go-fund-me page after getting her head shave,d because I guess she thought all wigs cost a thousand and up.

i bet someone returned those bottles after they contaminated them. or is this just another hoax?

I Always check for a manufacturer seal on anything that warrants it. The world has changed beyond the realm of any decency.

Valued Contributor

I also remember this story going around many years ago. I used that shampoo long ago when I had long hair, and it was awful. Did not like  my hair AT ALL when I used it. Thought it was a poor product. Hope I'm wrong, but maybe someone is looking for a payout? I wouldn't use anything that smelled as bad as what she says it did.

cookin

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

All of the depilitory lotions I have ever used have a very distinct nasty smell, a shampoo or conditioner wouid never smell like that. Also, it would have to left on for a decent amount of time to actually cause the hair to fall out, if left on for just a moment or 2 is not enough time to kick in as far as hair removal. At least not the ones I have used. Not to dismiss the severity of this, buit could this  be a get rich scam to collect on this, just a thought. Some of this just does not ring 100% true to me. 

@Shelbelle  They have some with no odor now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Go-Fund Me was not started by her.  One of the organizers has the same first name.

How is it determined that this was Nair?

"Hundreds to thousands of dollars for wigs"????  She can get easy-pay on the Q.

Also take note of the fund to offset "LEGAL FEES" and any future medical problems.

I'm not going to say one way or another if this is a hoax;  but I don't hold Wal-Mart and especially Pantene responsible.

It is also true that there have been Nair hoaxes as far back as the 1970's. 

Urban legends along with the disgruntled employee who made a chocolate cake with Ex-Lax for her co-workers.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

What the heck is going on? First people are licking ice cream and putting it back, now this. Do people not have any decency anymore?

Respected Contributor

A single incident of something happening doesn't really feel like a "people are doing this now" trend.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

A single incident of something happening doesn't really feel like a "people are doing this now" trend.

I say this so often that I know I sound like a broken record, @Alison Wonderland 

Another good reason not to dwell too much on these incidents because you might start to think that way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I saw it on TV. And all the hair that young lady lost. What is wrong with people. I guess safety seals needs to be put on everything now.