Honored Contributor

Our dear  sweet neighbor passed away last night, in his sleep. Our other neighbors ,found him today.

He had no children. He was a widower ,and his wife  was also a  sterling person. People of deep faith, and even deeper kindness.

I just wanted to remember him publicly. He and his wife Betty ,deserve it. They were the salt of the earth

God rest  their souls

Honored Contributor

Rest in peace Sam

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I bet Sam adored you and appreciated your love of him.

To Sam! Thank you for being a great example, role model and friend to all who he cared for. What a wonderful man you are to have a neighbor want to acknowledge your very existance in a national forum!  THAT is a life well lived! 

May you feel comfort when you need it most by remembering what a good friend YOU were to Sam as well. Xo

Honored Contributor

@cherry That will be me some day.  I'm going to move next door to you!  How sweet to post this for us.  Blessings to you and all who cared about him.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@cherry That will be me some day.  I'm going to move next door to you!  How sweet to post this for us.  Blessings to you and all who cared about him.

Yep, me too.  I hope I go out that easily.  And I hope that my friends and neighbors think half as well of me.

🕊

Honored Contributor

That is a easy way to go , my grandfather died in his bed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I want to be found dead watching 'Magic Mike XL'.

clapping chick.gif

Honored Contributor

That's the best way to go, bless his heart. He is now with his beloved wife.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  A lovely tribute to your neighbor.  My condolences.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Oh my dear friends. *I wish you could have known them. There were simple Bible believing Christians, with the purest hearts, and kindest souls, you could ever meet

When Mr Cherry was diagnosed with cancer , when they heard about it, the first words out of their mouths were we are going to pray for him. After he was released from the hospital, Sam was at my door everyday, asking what we needed , how could they help

They were truly fine friends, and wonderful neighbors. Sam at 91, packed food parcels, at his church everyday, for the needy. He helped at the senior center daily, preparing food and meals for everyone

@Sooner, you come and live by me, I would love it

Thank you everyone for thinking of them kindly. They were truly people for all seasons...I will never see their like again