Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

We have a peach stand that sells the most delicious peaches.  You have to buy a bag, though, and I can't eat that many.  I've shared them with people, but it's kind of a waste for me.  I love them though.  I've never bought a good peach in the grocery store.  

@NickNack 

Last year my grocery store had donut peaches that were so good that I thought I'd give the "other" ones a try.  I should have known better.

Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I looove fresh peaches!  I eat them fuzz and all.   But it's odd... I recently I bought peaches at the Farmers' Market and they were lousy.  I tossed them.   Then, I bought some at Kroger, and they're excellent.

( do I hear the theme from The Twilight Zone playing in the background? )

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

The only peaches I've been able to get are California peaches and they're awful.  Hard as a rock and they never soften or ripen.  It ought to be illegal to sell them.  Waste of money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I think Colorado ones are gone now, but, they were good.

Honored Contributor

My grandparents lived in Boiceville, NY and there were peach trees on the property.

I hated it when we would get sent out to pick them because we would come in itching to death from the fuzz.