Honored Contributor

Re: On Average, About How Much Do You Spend Per Month on Groceries?

@Mominohio 

I like to can and freeze in advance.  Could you please tell me how you freeze celery?

TYIA

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I would say about $500-$600 a month.

Esteemed Contributor

For me and my cats, aboutv$1,300+ per month. I have 5 cats; 2 eat expensive prescription food. I eat very low carb, so I buy a lot of expensive meat.

Honored Contributor

I live alone and probably spend about the same as you, although I do grab a lot of salads at fast-food places.  I hate to cook.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Probably more

Honored Contributor

This is awful, but I haven't a clue. I go to the store often, and buy what we need and want. I am sure I spend a lot  more than I should

I think you are doing well @Anonymous032819 . I am sure we spend more than double what you do, and there is just 2 of us and we eat out a lot

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Over $100 per week. There are two of us and we eat out frequently and it's still over $100 per week. 

@gidgetgh 

I hear ya.  Three, sometimes 4 nights a week one son is here for dinner, other than that I'm alone for dinner with the exception of a couple of movie/dinner evenings w/friends during a month. Yet I probably spend $100 a week. That would include a few other things now and then, laundry detergent, napkins, other odds and ends. I can't figure it out! Nor why I'm there so often.

Honored Contributor

Try to keep it under $400 a month - includes stuff like detergent and paper towels too. We track our dining out separately and keep that around $125 a month. Rarely drink alcohol at home but will have a cocktail when we dine out.

Trusted Contributor

DH and I spend about $600.00 per month including paper products. Our adult son eats here with us 5-6 times per month. Occasionally we bring home takeout.

Honored Contributor

Like Cherry, I haven’t a clue. We eat out a lot and entertain.

$200.00 a month @Anonymous032819 is extremely low. You wouldn’t be able to eat for more than a week here as the cost of fresh vegetables, cleaning supplies, meat, fresh fish is high...