Occasional Contributor

Old friend showed a lack of compassion/etiquette - should I teach a life lesson in same or keep quiet?

I recently contacted an old friend of mine (we have known each other for over 30 years) as I was going to possibly be in her state and area and I was trying to coordinate getting together with her to see a show and catch up. We had not spoken in about 4 years. I never had any issues with her, we just leave in different areas of the country and have different lives and had grown apart. When we had our first conversation to catch up I mentioned early in the conversation about the death of one of my parents and the serious illness of the other. There was silence on the phone on her end. She never responded to this statement with the normal (at least the way I tend to respond) by I'm sorry, was the person ill, etc. It struck me as odd I thought maybe you didn't grasp and I actually brought it up again later on in the converation again no response. She knows/knew my parents they actually even went to her wedding. She mentioned about her parents in the conversation who are both alive and mentioned about their health issues which are not disease related just aches and pains. It turns out that my plans changed and I did not go up to her area. She seemed disappointed & asked why & I explained it was because of my parent (the one that is alive obviously) she commented with a rather agitated oh. I almost feel tempted to call her to express to her my feelings of her lack of compassion to this matter. I don't know if she is lacking in social graces, has never had a friend lose a parent before or it just hit close to home that someday she will lose her parents. Obviously this bothered me otherwise I would not be asking for advice.