Honored Contributor

Re: Ode to a septic tank.. :-(

Oh whoa is me... they found the break on the other side of the house and a blockage in the line from where the line goes into the tank and the same line has turned because of gravity and dirt.. so it will be all fixed today and drum roll please... $6000.00

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 Suzie said:

Oh whoa is me... they found the break on the other side of the house and a blockage in the line from where the line goes into the tank and the same line has turned because of gravity and dirt.. so it will be all fixed today and drum roll please... $6000.00 {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Oh man, we used to have a septic tank and they can be expensive. Yikes sorry about the cost Suzie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 croemer said:
On 1/20/2014 Suzie said:

Oh whoa is me... they found the break on the other side of the house and a blockage in the line from where the line goes into the tank and the same line has turned because of gravity and dirt.. so it will be all fixed today and drum roll please... $6000.00 {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Oh man, we used to have a septic tank and they can be expensive. Yikes sorry about the cost Suzie.

OMG!! They just had us out to the side yard... we have only been operating on half a septic system.. the line was completely broken and flattened.. what was supposed to be drained down was pooling elsewhere under the earth.. man oh man these men sure earn their money with this type of job... Awh, croemer, I'll find a street corner to recoup the money.. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Regular Contributor

On 1/20/2014 Suzie said:

I feel your pain, Suzie! That's exactly what it cost me to fix my septic system earlier this year. What a pain in the B- u- t- t!!!

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 Townsend said:
On 1/20/2014 Suzie said:

I feel your pain, Suzie! That's exactly what it cost me to fix my septic system earlier this year. What a pain in the B- u- t- t!!!

I'll second that, Townsend.. but finally it will be fixed and hopefully working properly at a full 100%... plus there's a 5yr warranty... so much worth the money.. and part of our septic is under our deck so they had to hand dig.. the part they pumped is outside of the deck..

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

Susie that is a hand full of money to have to pay out, but it is even worse when you need that septic system and it fails you. We are on public sewers here and for the first time in 54 years we had to call Rooter Man ended up paying almost $1000. just for them to clean out the line. I am glad to see you excepting this as one of life gift in owning a home. The surprising thing is that it worked this long with all its problems so guess you were lucky for quite a while.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2014 cater said:

Susie that is a hand full of money to have to pay out, but it is even worse when you need that septic system and it fails you. We are on public sewers here and for the first time in 54 years we had to call Rooter Man ended up paying almost $1000. just for them to clean out the line. I am glad to see you excepting this as one of life gift in owning a home. The surprising thing is that it worked this long with all its problems so guess you were lucky for quite a while.

Like I told my husband this morning, no more band-aid on the problem- it's going to be fixed so in the long run it won't cost us more money. Make sense? But to find out it wasn't even working, I would've been just as surprised if they'd of found a buried body.. we saw with our own eyes! Yes, a very surprising thing it worked this long but only 1/2 working.. I'll be so glad to flush and not worry about the ramification of what happened..

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

I'm glad they can get it done today before we drop down into the teens again. It's been an expensive 7 days for us also. We replaced one of our furnaces for over $3,000, homeowner's insurance was due this month. And my husband had cataract surgery this morning and our portion was $1,500.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

we have RotoRooter here once a year--we waited almost 2 years this time and yuk! my house is almost 100 years old and the (clay) pipes are at an odd angle to the city line--about 1/2 a block--like you, cater it cost $800+ ugh--they used a scope and computer--asked me if I wanted to see the "sludge"---no thanks
Honored Contributor

I heard these sweet words, "Ma'am go run your water, go crazy!!" Gloriosky batman!! It's fixed, new intake and outtake PVC piping and two completely broken and improperly placed leach lines fixed. Am doing the happy septic tank dance!! Thanks to all for your responses & understanding how stressful this can be.. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Go VOLS