Honored Contributor

Re: Nothing about Stillwater crash?

@151949 wrote:

I find it incredible that some people are against choice because that is murder then they turn around and say everyone in the country should be walking around - literally - carrying a loaded gun. Either you support life or you don't ! Black & white - no grey areas.

I don't see the relationship with these issues.  Some people feel the need to protect themselves and their family.  That's a separate issue.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@SydneyH

I did not see another thread or I would not have started this. Do you know the title of the other thread? I make no judgements without having all the facts. Wonder if this carnage will be asked to the candidates in the debate tomorrow? Seems like background checks were asked about in the 5 person debate!

hckynut(john)

Isn't Wednesday's CNBC debate designed to debate economic issues exclusively?

It should be, this case shouldn't be on the agenda imo..........

QVC Customer Care

Please stay on topic 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I find it incredible that some people are against choice because that is murder then they turn around and say everyone in the country should be walking around - literally - carrying a loaded gun. Either you support life or you don't ! Black & white - no grey areas.

I don't see the relationship with these issues.  Some people feel the need to protect themselves and their family.  That's a separate issue.

The 10 commandants say "thou shalt not kill" it doesn't make exceptions. Guns kill. Killing is killing be it ending a pregnancy or an adult life. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

The 10 commandants say "thou shalt not kill" it doesn't make exceptions. Guns kill. Killing is killing be it ending a pregnancy or an adult life. 

+++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, there are exceptions but I am too tired to look them up.  Warfare is one, I believe.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Owning or carring a gun does not equate to wanting to end a life.  As the original topic of this discussion says, cars can kill also.  Cars main purpose is transportation, Guns main purpose is prtoection (except for hunting or target practice) can they be used to kill, yes.  Yet so can a knife and we all use them everyday.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

So glad you said that. 

What's the difference between a classroom of 4th graders and the above mentioned?

How many more die in one 'category' than the other?  Unfair battle.

Either you support life or your don't.  Black and white--no choice of any other.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

No where in the Bible i was raised with are any exceptioons made to any of the 10 commandants. THOU SHALT NOT KILL . that is all it says. Now to be politically correct some churches who support those that say we should all have guns are saying the commanment says Thou shalt not commit murder but that is , in fact, just someone's politically correct recent word - not what Moses wrote on the stone. For many thousands of years it was Thou shalt not kill.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Well, I would certainly kill someone before I would let them harm a loved one, someone I could keep them from harming, or myself.  I don't think it means for us not to protect the innocent.  I don't think that at all.