Esteemed Contributor

Re: _Not an easy sale from washing machine thread

Hi rac,............and smiles.

This is very good! Everthing you have told me from mom continuing recovery. I do hope she stays in ICU for one more day, if not for 2. She can have more round the clock attention and it IT'S QUIET~

That is the procedure......from ICU to a private room, if available. Do not be upset if she has to share a room with someone else UNTIL a private one is empty, though.

I, along with everyone else (when reading) will cheer you on~

You have done a better than great job in being #1 care sitter. Everything, from what I am reading is really- g o o d-. Did you tell mom I am giving her a hug,?

Well here it is (({#emotions_dlg.wub}ME))~ I'll be back to check in. I was very interested in cousin Erwin and heparin. What a proud moment for him. I am impressed. What a story!

ps. if I know nothing else...I know men. Dad will learn..oh yes he will~!!!!!!!!

_Naes

Respected Contributor

Continued prayers going up for your mother, yourself and your whole family, rac71.

Valued Contributor

Ah crud I hit the wrong button again. Short & sweet: the cardiac center on,y has private rooms. She was moved tonight around 9. Her voice is squawky and craggy but she's talking constantly. Her solution to clean her yucky mouth made me laugh, but I still sad no, not doing that with my finger. She's very weak and doesn't yet have full dexterity, also hallucinating from time to time. I'm very interested in what she is seeing. Thank you for your support and empathy. Dad-brother combo still making me crazy. Brother thinks I should fawn/fuss over dad. He can come live here with his wife and do that on his own. SIL is pointedly absent but just sick over what's happening. My mother's progress is remarkable, yet very slow. The intensivist thinks she will probably need rehab care but the PTs will be able to make that evaluation. Compression wraps still on her legs, but the catheter came out today.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello rac71~

I am always when the catheter comes out! Less chance of any UTI. Do you know if the ICU had been doing catheter irrigations? Most do not...that's why I was glad to hear of this. The compression wraps will remain on, especially since having heparin. To -always error on the side of caution-/for any blood clots, also for better circulation...(almost) all heart attack patients have these same preventative procedures.....

I should say, from the amount of information, mom IS doing very well. ICU nurses are great, and I will go out on a limb knowing she is receiving excellent care from the floor nurses. As far as the dry mouth that would be due to the diurectic. The cleaning of inside mom's mouth is nothing to shy away from and I am believing that "that" has been done by now. The lasix is strong! Her IVs are vital for loss of sodium, water-an imbalance of ELECTROLYTES=confusion, along with sometimes nausea, vomiting, restlessness, being very tired......maybe even cranky. Not to worry. The speech therapist (usually) soon will sport her professionlism by excercise traing, or the speech pathogist.

She has been through quite an ordeal. High blood pressure and fluid retention with heart trauma goes one on one/=heart attack.

God certainly is with her. God has his arms wrapped around you for the strength you have acquired.

I hope that the readers can read this and know of any updates. I will post under Prayer Request/ GLORIAJEAN's thread and explain that we /you/ mom are over here. Okay?

WaJa61 has been her with her concerns and offering of prayer. I hope that you did not miss hers.

I had not heard of the word -fawning over someone, so that's altogether new to me. CUTE~ I know that, or would come to think that sil is concerned. I have no way in knowing exactly how she plays in this if she is not there with you. Every family becomes different when a crisis arises. {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}??????

`rac, -hallucinating is very VERY common from medications while in the hospital. Thinking here maybe she was not on many rxs previously, other than the high blood pressure of 1 or more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Smile

Ask if mom's intake & output is within normal range. Nurse should be able to give this to you.

Back later,,,,,,,,,,,,_Naes

Valued Contributor

I forgot to thank everyone who's reading/posting in response. The support and kindness is appreciated. Y'all are just the recipients of my nightly brain dumps. Thank you again. She is getting better. A week ago tonight I was tranqued out from the panic that my mother was going to die any second.
Valued Contributor

Out if ICU. Private room in PCCU. When I have the energy I will type everything out and paste it in. SIL doesn't communicate with us except for a few and you sentences during a call my brother initiates when she receives a VISA gift card. No landlines, and we only have my brother's cell, not hers. Nor do we have access to her email. She will occasionally converse with us on the rare occasions we are physically in the same room. I take her "concern" with a healthy dose of reality. Granted, she did lose two parents within two weeks, and a grandparent s few months later, but that was nearly a decade ago. In our 40s you grow up and play adult. When you marry, you marry the family, not just the individual. On a side note, I am battling the constant urge to spend money on pretty things. Dangerous stress reliever. My wish list is FULL of lovely baubles. Champagne taste on a tap water budget.