Valued Contributor

Re: New facts on the baby who was left in the hot car to die.

On 7/7/2014 Preds said:

They said when she found out her son was gone, she wanted to see her husband first and not her child. That, along with some of her comments seems extremely weird to me. I would think my gut reaction would be to go to my child .... if only to "see' for myself that it was my child and they were telling the truth. I'd be praying they'd made a mistake.

Preds ~ i cried when i read your post, because i thought the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Super Contributor

I just don't understand except that as far as I believe this is all a part of the world ending as we know it.........families turning on families, crime, stupid people leaving kids in cars and animals in cars........who really forgets their child being left in a car. I knew where my son was at all times and I never forgot him.........how could someone they are usually talking or making some kind of noise in the car.........sick society and we are only seeing the beginning of what is to come. Mother chewing gum..........first of all that is not proper to chew gum in public but that means nothing she should be in tears...........Dear Father please protect people from themselves.

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 terrier3 said:
On 7/7/2014 Dagna said:
On 7/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I know it could never be enforced, but IMO, there should be a COMPETENCY EXAM before a person could become a parent!

You cannot drive a car without being tested .... parenthood is less important? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Too many people have children that shouldn't .... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Actually since we are talking about human life here, I personally think that if you are proven to be irresponsible, guilty of child abuse or neglect - let alone murder - you should be sterilized. Period. No second chance.

That would put the USA on par with China and N. Korea.

People were sterilized in the South many years ago. It was a scandal and a tragedy.

In the USA, we all have certain rights.

What you suggest would put us on the same moral plain with some of the worst dictatorships in the world.

As a whole, no life is important..........if so schools would be safe and so would places we go and shop.............

Respected Contributor

How about this supposedly exchange with her mother:

When she called home June 18 with the grim news of Cooper’s death, her mother could be overheard on the phone saying: ‘Why aren’t you crying? Why aren’t you reacting?’

Her response, according to Stoddard: ‘I must be in shock.’

Also, this:

Justin Ross Harris was denied bond on Thursday by a judge who called it a 'possible death penalty case.'

He remains in jail on murder and child cruelty charges and prosecutors may seek to use Leanna Harris as a witness.

In Georgia, the spousal privilege shielding a wife from testifying against her husband, doesn’t apply in cases of the death of a child.

‘She needs to make a deal before the state finds more evidence against her,’ criminal defense lawyer Esther Panitch told AJC.com.

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 terrier3 said:
On 7/7/2014 Dagna said:
On 7/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I know it could never be enforced, but IMO, there should be a COMPETENCY EXAM before a person could become a parent!

You cannot drive a car without being tested .... parenthood is less important? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Too many people have children that shouldn't .... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Actually since we are talking about human life here, I personally think that if you are proven to be irresponsible, guilty of child abuse or neglect - let alone murder - you should be sterilized. Period. No second chance.

That would put the USA on par with China and N. Korea.

People were sterilized in the South many years ago. It was a scandal and a tragedy.

In the USA, we all have certain rights.

What you suggest would put us on the same moral plain with some of the worst dictatorships in the world.

They also sterilized the mentally ill, and the mentally disabled, at one time too.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

I just don't understand except that as far as I believe this is all a part of the world ending as we know it.........families turning on families, crime, stupid people leaving kids in cars and animals in cars........who really forgets their child being left in a car. I knew where my son was at all times and I never forgot him.........how could someone they are usually talking or making some kind of noise in the car.........sick society and we are only seeing the beginning of what is to come. Mother chewing gum..........first of all that is not proper to chew gum in public but that means nothing she should be in tears...........Dear Father please protect people from themselves.

People have been thinking that it's the end times, since the dawn of time.

It's fine to chew gum in public, but extremely rude to chew it in court. It shows disrespect.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

Too funny. People are saying he and his wife should be left in a hot car to die for what they did. Yet my suggestion that they be prevented from having any more children makes me a human rights abuser.

And oh yes, we must always consider "rights" - except of course the right of a child to live.

People must not be denied the right to conceive and kill and to bear children and abuse them. Again and again.

Valued Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Preds said:

They said when she found out her son was gone, she wanted to see her husband first and not her child. That, along with some of her comments seems extremely weird to me. I would think my gut reaction would be to go to my child .... if only to "see' for myself that it was my child and they were telling the truth. I'd be praying they'd made a mistake.

That's for sure.

Her words & actions sounds like someone who was in on the plan to kill this sweet boy---for what reason I can't imagine.

Maybe to them the insurance money was reason enough.

Perhaps dealing w/a child was an overwhelming task & expense.

Nothing justifies what BOTH of them did.

I pray the mother also gets arrested & faces her day in court.

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Dagna said:

Too funny. People are saying he and his wife should be left in a hot car to die for what they did. Yet my suggestion that they be prevented from having any more children makes me a human rights abuser.

And oh yes, we must always consider "rights" - except of course the right of a child to live.

People must not be denied the right to conceive and kill and to bear children and abuse them. Again and again.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Krimpette said:

Will they still get the life insurance if incarcerated, do you know? I sure hope not, but I don't know how that works.

No, the company will not pay out with a crime being investigated. In reality even if he is cleared, the company can tie up the pay-out for years.