Esteemed Contributor

Re: New facts on the baby who was left in the hot car to die.

On 7/7/2014 Yuban3 said:
On 7/7/2014 Matty6 said:
On 7/7/2014 Krimpette said:

Why, oh why don't people who don't want their kids just put them up for adoption???? Makes me sick to even read about this couple. As others have said, if only they could be given the same fate as they inflicted on their poor baby.

Even criminals have a code of honor... and killing a child in this way, he will not have a chance if put in with the general population. I agree with you.. my sister-in-law and brother have been trying for a baby now for seven years and would have loved to adopt little Cooper.

If convicted, he'll have to be put in to solitary for his own "protection".

Dang it!

Well criminals have there way of getting to a person.. even in solitary confinement. And he will not remain in there for all of his sentence. Don't worry Karma is good stuff!Wink And also judgment day he will really suffer!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} The Lord hates ugly!

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 mima said:

Why, oh why don't people who don't want their kids just put them up for adoption???? Makes me sick to even read about this couple. As others have said, if only they could be given the same fate as they inflicted on their poor baby.

Because they wouldn't get the life insurance.

Will they still get the life insurance if incarcerated, do you know? I sure hope not, but I don't know how that works.

I don't believe you are allowed to profit from a crime. Collecting life insurance on someone you kill would be profiting, for sure!

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like a slam dunk for conviction. At least we won't have another Caylie. Both children looked like little dolls.

Super Contributor

It's a good thing that Monster did a search on "how to survive in prison", he's gonna need it. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

I know it could never be enforced, but IMO, there should be a COMPETENCY EXAM before a person could become a parent!

You cannot drive a car without being tested .... parenthood is less important? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Too many people have children that shouldn't .... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I noticed the father didn't show any emotion until they started talking about him not getting bail. Then the waterworks started. Says a lot without saying anything verbal.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I watched the hearing on Thursday and saw the so called mother chewing her gum, like some teenager, and not a worry in the world! She hasn't been arrested yet, but I bet it is not too far off, because of her comments and actions of that day! I honestly believe they were in it together!

Honored Contributor

They said when she found out her son was gone, she wanted to see her husband first and not her child. That, along with some of her comments seems extremely weird to me. I would think my gut reaction would be to go to my child .... if only to "see' for myself that it was my child and they were telling the truth. I'd be praying they'd made a mistake.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I know it could never be enforced, but IMO, there should be a COMPETENCY EXAM before a person could become a parent!

You cannot drive a car without being tested .... parenthood is less important? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Actually since we are talking about human life here, I personally think that if you are proven to be irresponsible, guilty of child abuse or neglect - let alone murder - you should be sterilized. Period. No second chance.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Dagna said:
On 7/7/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Actually since we are talking about human life here, I personally think that if you are proven to be irresponsible, guilty of child abuse or neglect - let alone murder - you should be sterilized. Period. No second chance.

That would put the USA on par with China and N. Korea.

People were sterilized in the South many years ago. It was a scandal and a tragedy.

In the USA, we all have certain rights.

What you suggest would put us on the same moral plain with some of the worst dictatorships in the world.