Respected Contributor

Re: New Theory...What do you think...

On 4/28/2014 terrier3 said:
On 4/28/2014 croemer said:

Oh yeah...they really want to hear only part of the story about the democratic donor with the big pockets.

He is a registered R and gave to both sides - hedged his bets, so to speak, just like another developer we all know - The Donald.

the really wealthy do play both sides for the most part. It is rare to find someone who doesn't bat for both the D's and the R's. It isn't about a political belief with people like them, just who can deliver the goods.

hedging your bets

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

On 4/28/2014 biancardi said:
On 4/28/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 4/28/2014 NoelSeven said:

Deflecting?...I am not deflecting...I am posting what I have heard on the sports radio. The owner and the GF deserve each other and are pieces of work. Geez thought some might appreciate the "whole" story.

I can see that. But he still said what he said.

How is that part of the whole story?

The whole story is that HE said some outrageous things, and he has a history of similar behavior.

As I said before, unless she forced him to read a script and recorded it, her past and their relationship events are irrelevant.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

it is deflection. She has to be at fault for something. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Having a theory that she is in cahoots with Magic to take over this old codger's team is a double deflection - not only is she evil and conniving, so is Magic!

And who is agreeing with that pray tell?

Respected Contributor

Unless of course, you want to downplay the severity of those remarks.

She MADE him do it.

Her cajoling and her total s ech appeal. He just couldn't help himself, because he is the jealous type...but it means he LOVES her, don't you know.

yes, I am being sarcastic. I've known men like this before where the blame must be split onto the woman as well.

I think.this must be a meme going around somewhere.

The goal of the meme is to downplay the severity of the racist remarks, and instead throw attention on another,but irrelevant subject.

I think some are simply uncomfortable with seeing someone come under fire for saying or thinking these things.

Maybe because they see themselves reflected in that person. Maybe because deep down, in places they don't like to look, they might sympathize with this person.

Jmo.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Preds ~ I luv you man!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Unless of course, you want to downplay the severity of those remarks.

She MADE him do it.

Her cajoling and her total s ech appeal. He just couldn't help himself, because he is the jealous type...but it means he LOVES her, don't you know.

yes, I am being sarcastic. I've known men like this before where the blame must be split onto the woman as well.

I think.this must be a meme going around somewhere.

The goal of the meme is to downplay the severity of the racist remarks, and instead throw attention on another,but irrelevant subject.

I think some are simply uncomfortable with seeing someone come under fire for saying or thinking these things.

Maybe because they see themselves reflected in that person. Maybe because deep down, in places they don't like to look, they might sympathize with this person.

Jmo.

I agree with you. I've been seeing this meme quite a bit lately, not just with this story but others as well.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Honored Contributor

Oh, cry me a river. All 3 (Sterling, wifey and GF) deserve each other. Sterling's always been hated in LA as incompetent and racist. Wifey didn't seem to mind it all that much, she's stayed with him for 50 years. Their marriage is simply a financial arrangement. GF was out for money. Wifey suing GF is a joke and a half. Magic has nothing to do with it. He just said he'd love to own the Clippers and give them a decent owner. Yes, he's part owner of the Dodgers.

NBA owners need to clean house on this one. I feel bad for Doc Rivers and the players.

Respected Contributor

On 4/28/2014 NoelSeven said:

Deflecting?...I am not deflecting...I am posting what I have heard on the sports radio. The owner and the GF deserve each other and are pieces of work. Geez thought some might appreciate the "whole" story.

I can see that. But he still said what he said.

How is that part of the whole story?

The whole story is that HE said some outrageous things, and he has a history of similar behavior.

As I said before, unless she forced him to read a script and recorded it, her past and their relationship events are irrelevant.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

it is deflection. She has to be at fault for something. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Having a theory that she is in cahoots with Magic to take over this old codger's team is a double deflection - not only is she evil and conniving, so is Magic!

ohh, they are turning out to be Siths, after all!!

You just can't have a reasonable conversation can you. SMH

Nobody on this thread is saying what you are saying.

Honored Contributor

On 4/28/2014 sidsmom said:

I'm still convinced V is a tranny of some sort. Deadspin showed her coming out if her house today...look @ the man-hands!! (Nuts...the link has the word he.ll in it.....Google Deadspin weird visor).

I find her weirdly Unattractive...but when you're 80 years old...your vision isn't all that good anymore.

Respected Contributor

On 4/28/2014 bikerbabe said:

Oh, cry me a river. All 3 (Sterling, wifey and GF) deserve each other. Sterling's always been hated in LA as incompetent and racist. Wifey didn't seem to mind it all that much, she's stayed with him for 50 years. Their marriage is simply a financial arrangement. GF was out for money. Wifey suing GF is a joke and a half. Magic has nothing to do with it. He just said he'd love to own the Clippers and give them a decent owner. Yes, he's part owner of the Dodgers.

NBA owners need to clean house on this one. I feel bad for Doc Rivers and the players.

And that my dear is indeed the crux of the thing.

Respected Contributor

On 4/28/2014 bikerbabe said:

yep!!

And I think Magic would be a great owner. He is one of the good guys out there. I remember when he came out to tell the world that he was HIV positive. I cried because I thought he wasn't going to live that long and he was married with a new baby.

I am glad he is taking care of himself and has beaten the odds so far!!