Super Contributor

I am not sure whats going on but I dont want to take chances. I have 3 dogs, they go out frequently on walks etc, they do not spend time in the yard though, just out on walks.

So I know what a flea looks like and they hop and move around and you can see them and they are normally in groups when they infest. I have all three dogs treated monthly and bathed all the time.

One of my dogs has really bad allergies and it is not unusual for him to have little scabs where he has been scratching, after he has had a round of break outs. So he is on the mend now and has two or three little spots under treatment. So I found a flea on this spot yesterday. I admit I was late on treatments this past month because I am not fond of chemicals etc.

Looking on his blankets I see these tiny tiny black specs, If I pick one up in my finger it seems to move or hop but it is so small it is way smaller than any tning you could ID as a Bug, but it must be. So how big is a flea? These are not moving like bugs they seem to hop. I am freaking out, washing and vacuming. It is impossible to manage this without keeping them inside all the time. Now I read fleas are immune to FRONTLINE which is what we use.

What should I be doing or looking for? I have never had any bites myself. I am mystified as to how control this if there are fleas in the neighborhood.