Respected Contributor

Re: Napoleon Solo Has Passed! 😪

Robert Vaughn was also on the final season (1986 - 1987) of The A Team.  

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Anyone watch NCIS on CBS? 

An actress asked Gibbs (Mark Harmon) what Ducky, the ME (David McCallum) was like when younger.

Without skipping a beat Gibbs replied, he looked like Illya Kuryakin! Woman Very Happy

@JustJazzmom  I love that!  Thanks for posting that! Too funny!

I loved The Man From U.N.C.L.E. when it originally aired (now it looks so cheesy!)  I had a crush on David McCallum and insisted we name the family dog we got during the first year of the show Nikki - for Ilya Nikovitch Kuryakin. 

I'm sad that suave Robert Vaughn has passed away.  I saw him in some later shows - not the A-Team but on a Law and Order Criminal Intent when his granddaugher was supposedly kidnapped.  I think both he and McCallum have aged extremely well.   May he R.I. P.  and may David McCallum be with us for many years more.

Respected Contributor

Sad news.  He did age well.  For about the past 10 years, I've seen him in a commercial for a law firm and he still looked handsome.

Honored Contributor

He lived a long life (83), married only once it seems, two adopted children later in life.  He died of leukemia.  I hope he didn't suffer much.

RIP

Honored Contributor

I always loved watching (and hearing) him no matter what show he was on.  RIP Mr. Vaughn.

Honored Contributor

To be sweetly remembered ,speaks of how  his life touched so many, over the years

Honored Contributor

From David McCallum:

Update David McCallum, who played Russian agent Illya Kuryakin opposite Vaughn on The Man From U.N.C.L.E, released a statement about his friend and former costar. “I just heard the news and I’m utterly devastated. Robert and I worked together for many years and losing him is like losing a part of me. My deepest sympathies go out to Linda and the Vaughn family.”

Source: Worth a look for the tweets under the above:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/hollywood-robert-vaughn-roger-moore-edgar-wright-michael-mckean-12018529...

Honored Contributor

Goodness he aged well:

Staggering feat: Over the course of his lifetime, Vaughn appeared on over 200 different television programs (above with Marcia Cross in a 2015 episode of Law & Order: SVU)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @JustJazzmom I didn't know that Robert Vaughn had passed. I guess it dates both of us that I knew exactly who you were referring to, ha ha. That was a favorite show of mine!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I am saddened to hear this.  I also loved him on the Man from Uncle and his co-actor as well!  He was a very handsome gentleman and he will be missed by many.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin