Respected Contributor

Re: NO! You cannot bring your sick dog....

no, i would not be bringing my sick dog to a party, but we don't know what is wrong with the dog either.  sometimes, i have found that you never know what the answer to something is unless you ask. 

Respected Contributor

Since my experience is with cats, it would be a no brainer on what I needed to do.  But, a few years back my aunt and uncle traveled in to visit my father who was in a nursing home.  I noticed one of them kept disappearing back to the car, so I walked out with them the next time to see what was going on.  They had brought their elder sick dog, who they could not leave alone.  Well, I insisted they bring that dog inside.  They wrapped her up in a basket, brought her in and she sat on the floor beside them and did not move.  She was hard of hearing and almost blind so all the activity around us didn't bother her.  She was so cute, but very fragile.  Poor baby passed away 2 weeks later.  I'm not saying that is the situation you are dealing with, because I don't know the details here, but it reminded me of this incident. 

Respected Contributor

@missy1

i've seen people leave their dogs in the car when going to parties all the time.  i disapprove of this.  leave the poor things at home.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@missy1

i've seen people leave their dogs in the car when going to parties all the time.  i disapprove of this.  leave the poor things at home.

@ladyroxanne

I wasn't being serious.

Respected Contributor

This is a different take, and not meant to change the topic, but on the vein of inconsiderate/ignorant people:

I once invited a couple for an elaborate dinner.  They hired a babysitter for the evening, then brought the children and sitter with them to our house. What were they thinking?!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am always amazed at people- and not in a good way usually, lol. If I had a sick dog, I would stay home and take care of it and it would NEVER cross my mind to ask a person hosting a party I wanted to go to if I could  bring my sick dog with us??! What?? I also don't understand why people bring tiny babies to concerts and sports arenas. To me, it is just pure selfishness.

I know what you mean about bringing babies, young children to adult themed places.

Case in point.

About five years ago, I went to see Bill Mahar when he did a one night show up here. Part way through his show, a baby start to fuss and cry. Bill finally told the parents to leave, because that was no place for a child. "No, seriously. Please leave. Your money will be refunded."

The parents left.

@Plaid Pants2 ugh makes me ill. I am glad he told them to leave. To even think about bringing a baby to a stand up show makes no sense except, again, because you are selfish. Movie theaters too- with that loud of sound and everything, can you imagine what it is doing to their poor developing ears?? It isn't good for our ears either but a tiny baby's ears?? Oh and yes I've seen the babies at the NHRA drag races. Yes, drag races. With no ear protection. Can you imagine?? Baby in one hand, beer in another and loud cars zooming by you with all the exhaust and fumes and noise. Yep, nothing but the best for baby!

Esteemed Contributor

No way I am gonna touch this one. I know my limits!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

This is a different take, and not meant to change the topic, but on the vein of inconsiderate/ignorant people:

I once invited a couple for an elaborate dinner.  They hired a babysitter for the evening, then brought the children and sitter with them to our house. What were they thinking?!

Did you say something? Did you have to feed the kids/babysitter?  I would have sent them all home, and enjoyed elaborate leftovers.

Did the couple know it was clearly an adult only, dinner?

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

Did you say something? Did you have to feed the kids/babysitter?  I would have sent them all home, and enjoyed elaborate leftovers.

Did the couple know it was clearly an adult only, dinner?

Although I did not say anything, they knew they had crossed a line and that I was not pleasantly surprised.  Yes, I did find place at the table for their children and sitter.  How could I not?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am always amazed at people- and not in a good way usually, lol. If I had a sick dog, I would stay home and take care of it and it would NEVER cross my mind to ask a person hosting a party I wanted to go to if I could  bring my sick dog with us??! What?? I also don't understand why people bring tiny babies to concerts and sports arenas. To me, it is just pure selfishness.

I know what you mean about bringing babies, young children to adult themed places.

Case in point.

About five years ago, I went to see Bill Mahar when he did a one night show up here. Part way through his show, a baby start to fuss and cry. Bill finally told the parents to leave, because that was no place for a child. "No, seriously. Please leave. Your money will be refunded."

The parents left.

@Plaid Pants2 ugh makes me ill. I am glad he told them to leave. To even think about bringing a baby to a stand up show makes no sense except, again, because you are selfish. Movie theaters too- with that loud of sound and everything, can you imagine what it is doing to their poor developing ears?? It isn't good for our ears either but a tiny baby's ears?? Oh and yes I've seen the babies at the NHRA drag races. Yes, drag races. With no ear protection. Can you imagine?? Baby in one hand, beer in another and loud cars zooming by you with all the exhaust and fumes and noise. Yep, nothing but the best for baby!

I agree with you.

Yes, I understand that you spent money buying the tickets, but if you can't find a sitter for that night, then you (gasp!) STAY HOME!