Trusted Contributor

Re: My niece just swallowed a magnet...

@Bird mamawrote:

KitTkat  We're going to think positive about it.  I'm on Eastern Standard Time so the post times I'm seeing on my computer are showing up as after  7pm. 

If your niece is in my time zone, she probably has supper on her stomach at this time of day so there is something in there with the magnet.  ER doctors can do wonders in getting a patient to give up what in their stomach with different medicines.

Five will get me 10, they will induce your niece to throw up.

What a blessing she has attentive parents who noticed it as soon as it happened.

My nieces were perpetually putting things up their noses when they were small.  If it wasn't a raisin, it was some kind of craft bead.  

Thank you, @Bird mama we are on the west coast though, it's only 5 here now. Not sure what else had been in her tummy. That girl though is always doing something. This isn't her first trip to the er. Silly kiddos. Thanks for your thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat OMG!! Kids can do the scariest things!I I’m sure the girl will be okay,she’s in good hands in the E R. But I understand the pit you all have in your stomachs right now.Fingers crossed 🤞 that it all works out!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My niece just swallowed a magnet...P

@KitTkat,I hope and pray your niece is ok.

Honored Contributor

I hope all goes well and your niece is okay.I don’t know why they have magnet toys for children.

Respected Contributor

Things like that make me nervous.

Hope she's okay.

Respected Contributor

she is in good hands, try not to worry too much and keep us posted...prayers to the little one

Honored Contributor

OMGosh, I'm always a nervous wreck around young children.  Too many toys and bits and pieces laying around everywhere now-a-days.

Sometimes I think that just one large, safe toy at a time is best.

Sending your beautiful niece lucky stars her way.

Modern medicine is above excellence, and I'm confident that the magnet will be safely expelled.

I'm sure that this happens quite often, and the ER knows exactly what to do. 

Hugs to your niece.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@KitTkat Just checkin back in....Wanted to tell u....I am an adult....and on Halloween I found these magnets for your nose....

I always wanted a pierced nose...so I gave these a try...well, u place 1 inside the nose and the other 'bead' on the outside of your nose so they stick together... and it looks like I have a pierced nose...BUT

The darn magnet inside my nose began quickly to creep up inside my nose.... up and up it went......... way up. Needless to say it had to be removed also.....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

I hope she is OK....