Trusted Contributor

Re: My husband is trying to drive me bats.

I can't really say anything.  I tried to use the phone one night as the remote.

Trusted Contributor

You know men have selective hearing, it's a born trait !!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Speaking of the remote -- Last night, I was watching tv in bed and couldn't find the remote. I got up and pulled back the comforter with my left hand, but it wasn't there. Thinking the remote had gotten lost in the comforter, I started shaking it - but the remote didn't fall out.

I then realized that I had the remote in my right hand the entire time. lol

@Daisy Sunflower  This reminds me of a woman I used to work with.  She told me one day she was shopping with her toddler daughter and young son.  All of a sudden she didn't see her daughter and panicked, getting people involved asking for help finding her, then she realized that the child was sitting on the counter right next to where she was standing, much larger than a remote, lol, so how she didn't see her is mind boggling.

Re the remote, I can never find mine, so I get up, then it falls to the floor, or it ends up under the covers further down the bed, or my pup is sleeping on it.  Once, it even went through the washing machine with the blanket, and still works!

Trusted Contributor

"Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus"

A lot of truth to that oldie, but goodie book  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think all men have super selective hearing.

been married for 48 years, together for 50 yrs. there are times I have to nag him for years to fix 1 thing. Most of the time I have people come in to do the repair work around the house, unless I can do it (change light bulbs ect...) 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I can relate to your husband. Where I am sitting right now there are:  6 remote controls/2, 10" Tablets/1 cordless phone/my wife's cell phone, and my 9mm peace maker. Doesn't sound like you and I would coexist well.   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I asked him to pass me the phone so I could call my sister's house.  He hands me the remote control to the t.v.  I touched one button, then realized what he had done. 

I just don't need that kind of help.  LOLWoman Frustrated

@qualitygal  Well since it took you to actually touch one button before you realized it was the remote yourself.......................

I'd say it's a match.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

52 years of marriage. love my husband dearly but he has selective hearing.  Most of the time  I want something done I DO IT MYSELF.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I asked him to pass me the phone so I could call my sister's house.  He hands me the remote control to the t.v.  I touched one button, then realized what he had done. 

I just don't need that kind of help.  LOLWoman Frustrated

@qualitygal  Well since it took you to actually touch one button before you realized it was the remote yourself.......................

I'd say it's a match.  LOL

@Cakers3....Slama-lama ding-dong!...LOL

Gotcha @qualitygal!...Ya see, you and  your husband are actually perfect soul mates...sometimes we just overlook the obvious! Woman LOL Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

No I really believe that they only know we are living the same house is when they need clean clothes and there is problem they don't want to take the time to solve. I feel like a fool from all this sometimes.