Esteemed Contributor

If you would create a product line to sell on QVC, what would it be?

I am convinced that in some cases celebrities are approached and lines are created for them to sponsor.  It seems they are the spokesperson and perhaps never have anything to do with anything other than attempt to sell it to the public.  What would you create for  someone famous to promote? 

Honored Contributor

Re: If you would create a product line to sell on QVC, what would it be?

Well, based on your other thread perhaps a whiteness chart to determine when underwear should be tossed. 

Smiley Tongue

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu.  I'm sure you are correct.  True fashion designers study extensively at places like Person's School of Design.  It's a very complex science thst requires lots of knowledge and skills that the rest of us don't have.  I don't know how anybody can just sit down with pad and pencil and anoint him or herself a "designer".

The same is true for jewelry designers...requires many technical skills.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Probably a jewelry line....fine jewelry........delicate, tasteful...not overly expensive....

Respected Contributor

am inexpensive jewelery line reminiscent of the 60s and 70s...

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnielu.  I'm sure you are correct.  True fashion designers study extensively at places like Person's School of Design.  It's a very complex science thst requires lots of knowledge and skills that the rest of us don't have.  I don't know how anybody can just sit down with pad and pencil and anoint him or herself a "designer".

@Kachina624

I do agree it takes a lot of skill and knowledge ... but I think learning by apprenticeship is a also valid path to becoming a designer.  In fact - learning in a "real world" environment might be an advantage.   Learning by doing.   For centuries - that's the way it was done.  

And, of course - talent counts for a lot.  

Honored Contributor

I bet a large majority of the iconic designers of famous couture lines

don’t have a ‘proper’ design education.

If one has the ‘eye for design’ or a great sense of style...

those things can’t be taught. 

This idea extends to so many other industries...especially creative.

It’s just a piece of paper. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  I’ll vouch for the jewelry designers....many years of study!!!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

I do agree it takes a lot of skill and knowledge ... but I think learning by apprenticeship is a also valid path to becoming a designer.  In fact - learning in a "real world" environment might be an advantage.   Learning by doing.   For centuries - that's the way it was done.  

And, of course - talent counts for a lot.  

@ALRATIBA  Not sure if you watched any of RLM’s shows yesterday. He made a statement that he learned to MAKE the jewelry, not just draw it and turn it over to others to manufacture. I doubt if many jewelry “designers” can actually sit at a bench and fabricate a piece of jewelry they design. That takes skill. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q could use another line of bras, panties, nightgowns, etc..... Something more attractive and not as utilitarian as Breezies w/ the wide padded straps.

Even if no one sees your underwear except you, feeling feminine and pretty can also be done w/ an underwire.