Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Wow, really?!!  I watched a documentary recently about the process of harvesting the beans for and making of chocolate.  I was more than surprised to say the least.  I'm not surprised the major chocolate companies haven't raised the prices sooner.  They're pretty unscrupulous.

Honored Contributor

I've always said bacon should be its own food group.  LOL

Valued Contributor

RE Chocolate supply:

"Cocoa futures for March delivery on the Intercontinental Exchange in New York and London closed at $5,888 per metric ton Friday, the latest in a series of historic highs.

A year ago, cocoa traded near $2,600 per metric ton; as recently as a month ago, prices hovered near $4,000-4,200 per metric ton.

Meanwhile, prices for sugar, the other key ingredient in chocolate, also have risen about 25% in the past year."

[Investopedia]

So, @Kachina624I will heed your warning. Godiva says, "take another little piece of my heart."

IMG_1859.JPG

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@tansy     

Hmmmm...I keep my candy "supply" in my vegetable crisper.  

LOL - Me too! - That way, I never have to worry about Hubby finding it. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

What group houses chocolate, french fries, etc., think it's the carb food group.  LOL.  It's an acquired taste.  Left out peanut butter.  Yup, that's the group I need to stay away from.

Respected Contributor

I initially read it as HEATH Bar....not Health.

Heath Bar works better for me!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield