Honored Contributor

Re: More losses for my wife and I

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I am sorry that all I have to post here lately is sad news. My wife is doing better and I hope she will be home soon.

Our oldest feline, Max, who was 17 years old died today. He has been struggling with losing weight for over a year now so we gave him extra food in a bedroom by himself so we knew he would be the only one eating it. Max was the only remaining felines of the 6 that moved into this home with us.

I was getting ready to go visit my wife this morning in the hospital after I finished my routine. Take out Lily, our canine addition, for her walk to do the necessities. Clean all of our 6 litter boxes and put in clean water and food for both the cats and Lily.

Put Max in the closed bedroom so he could eat without having to share. I then called and talked with my wife for awhile as I wanted to give Max enough time to finish eating before I went to the hospital.

I was ready to go and on the way to our garage I opened the door to let Max out, only to find him lying dead on the bed next to his food. Won't explain any further because it is not something that I can account well because of my shock along with being on the way to the hospital.

A good day as my wife is getting closer to coming home. But seeing Max and then knowing I had to tell my wife once again was another heart tearing event, and so soon after seeing my wife in so much pain.

Really was not sure if I would tell her or not about Max because she does not need any setbacks with all the surgeries she has had in less than 12 months. I decided there was no way I could pull off her not knowing from my demeanor that something was wrong with me.

Told her and we both spent time holding onto each other and comforting each other. Will leave this at that for now.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, what is left of it, for all the thoughts and prayers expressed by so many of our friends on this Bulletin Board. Also by some names I did not recognize or look familiar to me.

Those that have suffered the loss of their beloved pets understand what it is like to lose 2 of them in less than 3 weeks. And just over a month prior to that having to let another of our elder felines cross over Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you all so much from Cindy and myself for helping both of us through these very trying times of our lives.

MaxCropped Window.jpg

Max-1998-2015

Safe and loved.:

John,   I have posted a few times with you,  some time back.   I am so sorry for your loss of Max and your other furbaby a short time ago also.  I sure do know the awful pain  you and your wife, Cindy,  are feeling.  I guess it's the price we pay for loving so deeply, our furry kids,  who are family in every way that counts.   The saying in so many words  that  'the deeper the grief, the deeper was the love'.,Heart  does hold true.   

I am a firm believer that we shall someday be reunited again with our beloved pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge ahead of us.  What a joyous and happy reunion that will be with our human family and our furry kids.   Heaven is a happy place, with love abounding for all.  

I hope Cindy can come home soon and that she is on the road to much better health.   Take good care and know that Max is not far away,  he's forever in your heart along with many others.   You have a big heart that's full of love.   Wishing you peace and comfort.  

Respected Contributor

John, my heart just breaks for you and Cindy now that Max is gone too,. He sure was a beautiful kitty. He had your love for all those years, and he knew how special he was. As  a cat lover, and one who has lost several, I do understand the pain, and the shock you went through. My heart and ((HUGS)) to you both, I am so glad to hear Cindy is getting better.

Love, 

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful cat and a loving home for all your fur babies. Cherish your memories. It is so hard to deal with losses, and you have had too many. I am looking forward to hearing abour your wife's recovery. It is good to have each other.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I am sorry that all I have to post here lately is sad news. My wife is doing better and I hope she will be home soon.

Our oldest feline, Max, who was 17 years old died today. He has been struggling with losing weight for over a year now so we gave him extra food in a bedroom by himself so we knew he would be the only one eating it. Max was the only remaining felines of the 6 that moved into this home with us.

I was getting ready to go visit my wife this morning in the hospital after I finished my routine. Take out Lily, our canine addition, for her walk to do the necessities. Clean all of our 6 litter boxes and put in clean water and food for both the cats and Lily.

Put Max in the closed bedroom so he could eat without having to share. I then called and talked with my wife for awhile as I wanted to give Max enough time to finish eating before I went to the hospital.

I was ready to go and on the way to our garage I opened the door to let Max out, only to find him lying dead on the bed next to his food. Won't explain any further because it is not something that I can account well because of my shock along with being on the way to the hospital.

A good day as my wife is getting closer to coming home. But seeing Max and then knowing I had to tell my wife once again was another heart tearing event, and so soon after seeing my wife in so much pain.

Really was not sure if I would tell her or not about Max because she does not need any setbacks with all the surgeries she has had in less than 12 months. I decided there was no way I could pull off her not knowing from my demeanor that something was wrong with me.

Told her and we both spent time holding onto each other and comforting each other. Will leave this at that for now.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, what is left of it, for all the thoughts and prayers expressed by so many of our friends on this Bulletin Board. Also by some names I did not recognize or look familiar to me.

Those that have suffered the loss of their beloved pets understand what it is like to lose 2 of them in less than 3 weeks. And just over a month prior to that having to let another of our elder felines cross over Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you all so much from Cindy and myself for helping both of us through these very trying times of our lives.

MaxCropped Window.jpg

Max-1998-2015

What a beautiful boy!  He most certainly was designed by the angels!  Our pets come into our lives to give us laughter, joy, comfort, companionship, and love.  Although they are never with us long enough, they will remain in our hearts and minds forever.
RIP Max.

John, I'm so glad Cindy is doing much better!  Let's hope this is the end of sickness and pain for her for a long time.  Please take care of yourself and each other! 

Super Contributor

May your family be comforted by wonderful memories.

Image result for rainbow bridge . animated avatar

Respected Contributor

John... I'm sorry on the loss of your loved fur baby.  My feline fur baby, Midnight, was 23 years old before he passed.  

I'm so glad your wife, Cindy, is doing better.  ((((Hugs))) to you both!

Barbara

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your losses.  The sayings, "When it rains, it pours" and "God only gives us what we can handle", are true.  You will get through this time - though it won't be easy.  Stay strong and remember Max is among those in heaven pulling you through this.  Prayers for you and your wifeHeart.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry John for your loss.... 

Respected Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you for your loss.  I, too, am a firm believer in the Rainbow Bridge.  I hope you and your wife can find comfort in that your handsome boy (and girl) are forever young and that we'll all see our well-loved pets once again someday.

Denise
Valued Contributor

John, please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your sweet Max. Much love and prayers are sent to you an Cindy.