Esteemed Contributor

More losses for my wife and I

I am sorry that all I have to post here lately is sad news. My wife is doing better and I hope she will be home soon.

Our oldest feline, Max, who was 17 years old died today. He has been struggling with losing weight for over a year now so we gave him extra food in a bedroom by himself so we knew he would be the only one eating it. Max was the only remaining felines of the 6 that moved into this home with us.

I was getting ready to go visit my wife this morning in the hospital after I finished my routine. Take out Lily, our canine addition, for her walk to do the necessities. Clean all of our 6 litter boxes and put in clean water and food for both the cats and Lily.

Put Max in the closed bedroom so he could eat without having to share. I then called and talked with my wife for awhile as I wanted to give Max enough time to finish eating before I went to the hospital.

I was ready to go and on the way to our garage I opened the door to let Max out, only to find him lying dead on the bed next to his food. Won't explain any further because it is not something that I can account well because of my shock along with being on the way to the hospital.

A good day as my wife is getting closer to coming home. But seeing Max and then knowing I had to tell my wife once again was another heart tearing event, and so soon after seeing my wife in so much pain.

Really was not sure if I would tell her or not about Max because she does not need any setbacks with all the surgeries she has had in less than 12 months. I decided there was no way I could pull off her not knowing from my demeanor that something was wrong with me.

Told her and we both spent time holding onto each other and comforting each other. Will leave this at that for now.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, what is left of it, for all the thoughts and prayers expressed by so many of our friends on this Bulletin Board. Also by some names I did not recognize or look familiar to me.

Those that have suffered the loss of their beloved pets understand what it is like to lose 2 of them in less than 3 weeks. And just over a month prior to that having to let another of our elder felines cross over Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you all so much from Cindy and myself for helping both of us through these very trying times of our lives.

MaxCropped Window.jpg

Max-1998-2015

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: More losses for my wife and I

What a beautiful cat-crying for your loss-so sad to hear this for you............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

I am sitting here crying after reading your post. I am so very sorry for your loss. Max was a beautiful kitty and obviously very well taken care of and loved. Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Frequent Contributor

John ,I cannot believe what I just read. Please know I am so very sorry about your furry  sweethearts. I am pleased to know your wife is healing but what a heartache you have endured. Please accept my since hope for better days ahead. Stay strong , I will be thinking of you both.Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

cat-angel.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear John,

So very sorry to read about this devestating loss.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry.  Max was beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Max was a beautiful boy, John. He's running free and healthy once again at the Bridge-

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a lucky cat to have landed in your home!  That's a fabulously long life for a cat.  Wouldn't he be well over 100 in human years?  I know it's hard to lose a pet, but try to think of what a wonderful time you all had and what a long, happy life he had.  Best of luck to you and your wife.  I'm glad she's doing better and hope she'll soon be back with you and the rest of your menagerie.