Esteemed Contributor

Messages about shipping and mailing delays

Everybody I've ordered anything from this past week includes a statement about possible delivery days due to mail slowdowns in their order confirmations. Earlier today it was the IT cosmetics site that included it, yesterday one of my credit cards emailed about billing delays encouraging paying on-line. Early in last week, or maybe it was the week before it was emails from my bank about delays receiving statements & tax info. And Wayfair included one too about an order.

Everybody is on the late mail bandwagon. So as much carping on here that we do about it taking a long time for deliveries it's spreading like a bad cold. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Messages about shipping and mailing delays

I was just discussing this with my sister.  So many of our mailed bills are taking 3-4 weeks to get to their destination.  I don't understand what is going on. The postal service blamed Christmas and online shopping for the delays.  What in heaven's name is the problem now? 

Honored Contributor

In 2020, I shopped virtually not at all except during January and February and was fortunate not to face a single package delay.  That included all the shipping I did to empty my snowbird apartment gradually.  I did see some strange tracking but every box arrived at least on time and nothing was damaged or lost.

Regular mail is a whole other story.  I believe every one of the financial institutions I deal with has warned of mailing delays.

Honored Contributor

its very inconsistent 

I had a bunch of packages arrive this week in the Priority window of 2/3 days,  

some I sent out are late,  

Esteemed Contributor

My Amazon was a day early this week!  

Esteemed Contributor

Only delays are when they ship Mail Inoventions.  I ordered two identical fleece tops hoping they would ship together and be to heavy for Mail.  Of course not so now I have two pkgs lost in space.  The last one took 3 weeks after shipping 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeesh, that order I placed about 10:45am this morning on the IT site.......about 4:00pm got a notice it has already been shipped. That's not even quite 5 hours after placing the order! Fast into shipping but hhmmm wonder when it will actually get here.

Valued Contributor

We've been getting our bills after the due date since November - thank goodness I know when I have to pay and do so online. Some co-workers have been saying their elderly parents are struggling because they depend on the postal service to know what is due and to get their payment checks delivered. I got a Christmas card this past week that was mailed December 12th. My question is where is all this mail sitting? Should be an investigation done IMO.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because political post are against our community standards and could lead to permanent banning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carol Diane wrote:

I was just discussing this with my sister.  So many of our mailed bills are taking 3-4 weeks to get to their destination.  I don't understand what is going on. The postal service blamed Christmas and online shopping for the delays.  What in heaven's name is the problem now? 

It's COVID-19.  It will continue throughout 2021.  This pandemic will take years to go away.   Vaccines will be so slow going.  Eventually a herd immunity will take effect...but nobody knows how long it will take.  Postal workers get sick.  They have to isolate themselves. 

My husband now pays his bills online. He was reluctant to do it.  But now he's forced to.  I always have.