Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

unfortunately i discovered Stumptown cold brew at my supermarket, Gelson's  -  it is rich so i can stretch a pint over some time.  a girl likes a special treat every once in a while.

I tried this awhile back (thought I was getting a fresh cold brew from a cafe and not the bottled stumptown cold brew) and I thought it was so incredibly sweet and gross. I was so disappointed! Do they make one without sugar? Just simply cold brew without anything else?

when i Google, i see there are a number of variations -  not sure if any are without sugar.  mine comes in a little carton - not a bottle.  i use it more as a coffee drink to replace dessert and pour it over ice.

Yes, mine was in a carton too not a bottle. I said "bottled" just as a figure of speech. Smiley Happy 

I think in general I am just not a fan of any bottled or cartoned pre-packaged coffee drinks. They are always way too sweet. I don't add sugar or anything sweet to my coffee. 

Breves are my favorite coffee drink when I am not drinking just black iced or hot coffee. 

Valued Contributor

My daughter and I both love McDonald's coffee and their other coffee based offerings. We also love White Castles coffee.....surprisingly very good!! My hubby is a die hard Starbucks fan, but also likes the White Castle coffee!! He only drinks Starbucks at home using the Keurig brewer.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 Yes me too even at home...what's up with that home barista

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I had McDonald's coffee once.  It was horrid. 

Do they use real coffee grounds or coffee syrup to make their coffee?

I'll assume that's a facetious question but, just in case it's not, here's the info from their website:

"Made with sustainably sourced 100% Arabica beans, McCafé® Coffee is expertly roasted and freshly brewed every 30 minutes. Available in Small, Medium, and Large."

The coffee is brewed directly behind the counter (at the front of the restaurant) so you can see how they make it.  At my local McDs they use Paul Newman's Organic brand and it's excellent.  Can't recall ever having had a bad cup of coffee at McDs.

Can't say the same for some of the other chains.  They also do free refills, unlike DDs and Starbucks.

Occasional Contributor
Love the McCafe vanilla latte - made with whole milk. The McD app on phone offers buy one medium mcCafe get one free fairly often!!