Respected Contributor

I went into Mc Donald's and watched a girl make my mocha latte.  She put 2 pumps of chocolate syrup into the cup before she added the coffee.  I took 1 sip and tossed it on my way out the door.

I don't know what I was expecting as I've never seen another mocha latte made but this one was awful.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't drink coffee.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

This has been going on in the Denver area for a while now.  Really nice

@brandiwinesounds like you were a test area.  did they get more business from you because of it?

It's been going on here for a long time too. Actually it lasted a long time, stopped for a couple months, and now it's back. Sorry to say it works on me, especially in summer when I always stop in for a diet coke. 

My daughter once said to me "Mom, you'll by anything for a buck." 

She has a point. Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

McDonalds makes an excellent cup of regular coffee at regular prices.

Use to be a DD fan but the price is stupid and to many days it tastes off.

Like  that McD makes the coffee fresh every half hour.

Honored Contributor

It's ot new here either, it's been going on for a while now.

Honored Contributor

Re: McCafe prices

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

I went into Mc Donald's and watched a girl make my mocha latte.  She put 2 pumps of chocolate syrup into the cup before she added the coffee.  I took 1 sip and tossed it on my way out the door.

I don't know what I was expecting as I've never seen another mocha latte made but this one was awful.

I don't understand why you wouldn't have taken it back and gotten a refund.  I've never known McD's not to stand behind their products - even if you just don't like it!  It's not like you'd driven away before you realized you didn't like it.

I prefer their regular coffee to any of the other chains and I occasionally have the specialty drinks.  Never had a problem with how they taste.

I'm also a DDs fan but a couple of times recently I've ordered a caramel macchiato and heaven knows what I got!  In both cases, I took it back to the counter.

And the reduced prices have only just been announced today where I live, so it's "new" for some of us and not for others.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

This is not new. It's been going on for quite awhile.

My complaint is they don't make their specialty drinks in decaf or skinny. 

I agree - one of the first things we were told at preventing diabetes class was the calories and fat in one of these drinks is a entire days worth of both.YIKES. 

When I was working I would stop at the coffee cart and get a mocha latte & a big muffin on my way in to work in the morning knowing that would be my last meal - often until the next day - because I'd go home too tired to eat after 12 or maybe up to 24 hours later. I used to survive on regular Pepsi - caffine & sugar in one bottle.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom What did you think a mocha latte was? It is expresso,chocolate and steamed milk.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

I don't understand why you wouldn't have taken it back and gotten a refund.  I've never known McD's not to stand behind their products - even if you just don't like it!  It's not like you'd driven away before you realized you didn't like it.

I prefer their regular coffee to any of the other chains and I occasionally have the specialty drinks.  Never had a problem with how they taste.

I'm also a DDs fan but a couple of times recently I've ordered a caramel macchiato and heaven knows what I got!  In both cases, I took it back to the counter.

And the reduced prices have only just been announced today where I live, so it's "new" for some of us and not for others.

@Venezia

The counter girl did nothing wrong.  I just didn't like it.  It was totally on me.  As I'd never ordered a mocha latte at Mc D's before, I had nothing to compare it to.

I know many people love their regular coffee and have 2 coffee drinking friends that switched from their beloved DD to Mc D's.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@muttmom What did you think a mocha latte was? It is expresso,chocolate and steamed milk.

You are right.  I never watched another chain make a mocha latte.  I just didn't care for this version. The eSpresso was weak so maybe too much syrup.  It had no whipped cream on it and other chains put a dollup on top.

McDonald's did nothing wrong.  I just did not like their mocha latte.