Regular Contributor

Re: MaryBeth is so classy...

Did anyone notice the sleigh?   I though Jill said the other night that she had designed it; but now it's in VPH??  Am I the only one who noticed this?

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I've always said when some complain about the hosts, that we never know what is being said in their ear!  Like the constant  interruptions on how many have been sold, that is a sales pitch for you to hurry up and buy   ............  but the consumer wants to hear about the product, at least I do, LOL!

While, I do agree VPH doesn't really need a host, QVC wouldn't let that happen, they need someone there promoting their sales pitches!

Yes, it's like they need a good cop, bad cop. HA!

Respected Contributor

The wax trees being reduced from $51 to clearance price of $21 tells me many decorative items are simply not selling. Guess they just want to get them moved out of their inventory before they are stuck with them. This issue may relate to reason MBR was told to rush the show along.
Super Contributor

As for the sleigh, yes, Jill was given credit for the design.  I don't remember whether it was MaryBeth or Valerie who said this.  I don't think Valerie is the type of person who would take credit for another's person's input.  I have heard Jill say many times that she and Valerie worked together on certain items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
The wax trees being reduced from $51 to clearance price of $21 tells me many decorative items are simply not selling. Guess they just want to get them moved out of their inventory before they are stuck with them. This issue may relate to reason MBR was told to rush the show along.

------------------------

I was surprised that the reduced price was so low!!  Makes me wonder -  does the Q have a huge inventory that they can't sell or were the reviews not good???  I always like the green ones, but really don't have room for any more decor.  I have not read the reviews.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Mary Beth is having trouble adjusting to the new QVC philosophy of push, push, push, sell, sell, sell.  She is by nature a polite, mannerly person and this would annoy and go against the grain.  It must be hard for her after all these years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Mary Beth and Valerie both seem so sweet. I've always enjoyed watching them.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude

Regular Contributor

I thought MaryBeth retired a while back.  She is a seasoned host and a good one.  She must be on during daytime hours.

I agree, the hosts tend to talk very fast and it's not relaxing to watch/shop!

Valued Contributor

@MathisFan

Yes, Yes, Valerie does not need a host.  If she has to 

have one, then one who does not talk too much.