Honored Contributor

Re: March 1 is Frederic Chopin's Birthday

Most enjoyable with morning tea, @Harpa, thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  THANK YOU SO MUCH..   one of my all time favorites.  Just listened ...   breathtaking. 

Honored Contributor

@Harpawrote:

Thanks, @Oznell! Even I didn't have this date down as Chopin's birthday!

Ah, yes...the pianist's pianist! His repertoire is very difficult to execute! Those octaves in the left hand!!

If you really want musical ecstacy, here is my all-time favorite Chopin piece:

Scherzo in Bb minor

@HarpaThis is true.  Chopin's hand span allowed very little room for those of us with shorter fingers to get a real grip on many of his pieces.

And yet he remains one of my favorite composers overall.  Many of his nocturnes truly exposed his inner self through their melancholy essences.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3wrote:

@Harpawrote:

Thanks, @Oznell! Even I didn't have this date down as Chopin's birthday!

Ah, yes...the pianist's pianist! His repertoire is very difficult to execute! Those octaves in the left hand!!

If you really want musical ecstacy, here is my all-time favorite Chopin piece:

Scherzo in Bb minor

@HarpaThis is true.  Chopin's hand span allowed very little room for those of us with shorter fingers to get a real grip on many of his pieces.

And yet he remains one of my favorite composers overall.  Many of his nocturnes truly exposed his inner self through their melancholy essences.

@Cakers3

One of mine as well! The hand span problem I had was more with Liszt. I was only able to study a couple of his pieces. But Chopin was constantly in my rep. I was studying the scherzo when alas! I abandoned the piano for the harp!

Chopin never wrote for the harp! Smiley Sad