Honored Contributor

Re: Man, 67, Arrested for 'Nigerian Prince' Email Scam

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to hear that progress is being made, toward stopping these scams and arresting  the guilty parties.  As a family member of those affected by aging issues, I am so upset with those who chose to blame the victims for falling for these scams, rather than trying to stop them from happening.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad to see someone is cracking down on these Nigerian scammers (its spread to India and other countries too now)

They occasionally have stories about these scams on the news and on Dr. Phil and I can't believe the people that fall for them....mostly lonely people looking for love and wanting to help a person get their inheiritance or get back to the U.S. where they promise their victim an amazing life together....when all they get is an empty bank account....

I once got a scam email from a "pastor" in Atlanta (yeah right), saying there was a western union money order received for me for $1000, and all I had to do was reimburse him the $150 fee he had to pay to sign for the money order....Woman LOLWoman LOL  Couldnt delete that email and block his address fast enough...Woman Frustrated Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

OMG, I got a scam call from a "pastor"!

So if ya'll don't hear from me for awhile, it'll be because I refused to give him my bank info in order to save my soul, so I'm now destined for damnation.

Bye guys, it's been fun.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Awesome.  I agree that I wish they could be catching more of them - and faster!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Nigeria, the scammers go to internet cafes where there are lots of computers - and email endlessly all day and night. The people running the cafes are in on it - and get a percentage - and keep the doors locked. Other scammers are in London, the Caribbean - and other places. There was a show about this with Chris Hanson a few years ago - and he tracked down and interviewed a few of the scammers. Nothing ever happens to them - because they're out of our country. Wish people wouldn't be so naive and scared.