Respected Contributor

We also have text alerts from the village about goings on in the community. 

There are ways to advertise this that probably wouldn't cost the Post Office money.

Respected Contributor

Geepers!  My food donation didn't get picked up and I did get mail today.  Bummer!  Will call the local P.O. on Monday and see if I can drop it off there, or else the closest food bank. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes they do it here and we always put food out. The Boy Scouts do it too, but the past 2 years they never showed up to collect it.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I also put mine out this morning and I added some canned pet food.  I am hoping that the food banks take it because many families do not have enough food for their pets and some take their pets to shelters if they cannot feed them.  Unfortunately, when I looked at my neighbors' mailboxes I did not see any of the bags that the mail carriers left for us.  Nor did I see any flags up that indicated that the bags were in the mailboxes.

I am retired but feel very lucky that we always have enough to eat.  I do not think anyone is bragging about doing this because so many people are without enough to eat and we often have no idea who these people are.  Bringing attention to a growing problem where people can help is always good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!