New Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC

On 10/10/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

I am sure Lisa will do very well for herself wherever she ends up.

Naw she just got lucky and got on QVC when she was young, and it took off the whole home shopping, but now that she is 50 years old. it will be hard for her to land a job

New Contributor

On 10/10/2014 terrier3 said:
On 10/10/2014 missyw1 said:
On 10/9/2014 adelle38 said:

She said she's leaving on December 12th. I wonder why she decided to announce it this far in advance. Good luck to her.

Maybe that's when her contract is over.

...and they obviously allowed her to discuss it. She couldn't have said a word w/o permission.

QVC did not get rid of her, she is leaving on her own

Honored Contributor

Enjoy life ... that's what it's for!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I imagine that Lisa has always had to fight off the job offers. It was only a matter of time before she got one that interested her. After 20+ years at QVC, she's probably ready to do something different.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Somehow I just don't see Lisa trudging around trying to "land a job". She seems like a pretty smart lady, and I'd be willing to bet my last dime that she would be just fine financially if she never worked another day in her life.

I've enjoyed her on PM Style more than anything else, because I think that's where her true personality comes out - she's actually a very funny lady. And I don't think QVC will be the same without her. I watch very little as it is, and Monday nights was one of those times ... not the whole three hours, but quite a bit of it sometimes.

I have a strong feeling we will be seeing her go on to bigger and better things. I hope she has a bright future, whatever she chooses to do (and she probably already has that in the bag).

New Contributor

On 10/9/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:
On 10/9/2014 Lotus~ said:
On 10/9/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

I wonder if that Dooney call was the last straw for her. Not the call itself but the nasty threads and posts that followed.

It will be a different Q without Lisa. I wish her the best.

I doubt it.....I'm sure this has been in the works for awhile.....things like this don't happen overnight.

I would imagine it's been something on her mind for awhile and she has something in the works. She's a smart woman.....I don't think she would leave w/o something solid lined up.

Dunno. She recently mentioned on air comments on facebook that added to a bad week (the week that Joan Rivers died). The constant beat downs must get to her.

And I doubt she needs to have anything lined up. She's probably good financially.

she would never leave without having something line up, so she can buy her "high end" stuff