Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any suggestions for one that weighs around 12 lbs yet still works well on carpet? There is a hoover wind tunnel air on another channel for 99.95 but the reviews are so mixed, I checked quite a few sites and I'm concerned about it being hard to push. That is a priority for me so any help on any brand would be appreciated, Thanks, Annamarie.

Respected Contributor

I used to have a Hoover upright and it was so hard to push. I ended up getting a Shark upright and I'm not sure what it weighs but it is so much easier to push and has great suction.  If this one ever dies I'll get another Shark. 

Respected Contributor

I own this Shark V33231. It weighs 12 lbs and suction is GREAT. I gave away another vacuum because it was too heavy. This self-propels, so all you have to do is hold the handle and it will basically go by itself. I love, love this vacuum and now I love to vacuum. I'm amazed at how well the suction is.

Contributor

I bought a cordless Dyson when it was on sale at Costco. Love it, so light and picks up dirt like crazy. Went over my carpet with the house vaccuum and then with the Dyson. I was amazed what the Dyson still was able to pick up.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking for a light weight, too.  My upright Hoover has become heavy to push around, I don't know why, the settings are correct, I took it in to be checked but it is getting worse.

I've decided on a Shark but there are so many models available, I don't know which one to get.  Definitely NOT the one where the weight is on top instead of the base.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

I own this Shark V33231. It weighs 12 lbs and suction is GREAT. I gave away another vacuum because it was too heavy. This self-propels, so all you have to do is hold the handle and it will basically go by itself. I love, love this vacuum and now I love to vacuum. I'm amazed at how well the suction is.

@DJs mom

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me the store where you bought it.  Apparently Shark does what a lot of them do, they use different model numbers for the same vacuum in different stores. 

I can't seem to find your model by googling it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had a Hoover Steerable Air vac for over 2 years now. It weighs in at somewhere around 11-12lbs, and I cannot say enough good things about this vacuum.

It came with 8 attachments and is very simple to go from brush roll to no brush roll. It also is a "Plug and Go" when it comes to using attachments, even the high ones in our home.

Canister easy to empty/filters easy to clean, and not the least bit hard to push/pull or maneuver. Keeps picking up even with a full bin.

Bought mine from hsn for less than one hundred twenty bucks, and it came with a five year manufacturers warranty. Can't say love, but when the time comes? I will stick with what I know.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@itsmagic, I agree with you. If my Shark ever dies I'm getting another one. Only Sharks for me from now on.

Valued Contributor

Re: Light weight vacuum

[ Edited ]

I recently replaced my Oreck with the TSV Shark several months ago - and now I love to vacuum!  Although I thought I might have a problem with the weight at the top, since I have several issues with my hands, I was pleasantly surprised to find it is not a problem.  This vacuum practically moves by itself- and it fits under cabinets and other places my Oreck did not.

I count my Shark as one of the best purchases I have made, along with my Keurig and Toaster Oven - essentials for me.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! I will check these out. Noel,the shark is sold at the Q. she gave the item number. Thanks again!