Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leaves beginning to change color!

I love the changing seasons too. I know I usually gripe about summer, but this summer has been mild and great! Its been cool here, we haven't even hit the upper 90's.

I am excited about fall and winter, though. I love walking the dogs in the woods behind the house after the first few freezes, since we don't have to worry about ticks and snakes.

Looking forward to that!

Honored Contributor

Enough heat and humidity, I am so looking forward to Fall,

Image result for happy  fall leaves animated images

Honored Contributor

Yes, every August about this time we see leaves beginning to change color. It happens every year. Fall I hate! Yes, its pretty but its a whole lotta work for us! Ugg. The only thing I'm looking forward to this Fall is my sons wedding in Oct. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, pretty soon all you Northerners who complained about the heat, will be groaning about snowdrifts. 

Wow, you sure know how to be rude.

Naw, she isn't being rude she is being truthful! I see it here all the time. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I love the change of the four seasons. Have lived in other places, but are here for the duration. I am still in summer mode. I never rush the seasons. I don't mind winter at all. I welcome the change.

Respected Contributor

I live up in Northern Wisconsin. We have some subtle color changes in the leaves also. I noticed that a couple weeks ago already.  I don't care for it at all! June was pretty nice, July was very nice, and so far, August has been cool and rainy. I've seen snow flurries in September around here, so I'm not looking forward to the change in seasons. Our seasons are clearly distinct. I guess I wouldn't mind the colder weather if we had a longer summer season. We don't get three full months of summer around here, and our winters are extremely harsh.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Not for us yet here in my part of Ohio.  But we've not had a bad summer at all.  It's not been overly hot or humid.  We've had some days of humidity but very few days of 90 deg. or better.  And we've had some downright chilly summer days.

It's been a pretty bad boating season.  Even if was warm and sunny, the lake has been pretty rough. 

Respected Contributor

I live in a rural area of the Midlands of South Carolina. It's somewhat hilly, and when we're in the car and can look out over the trees, you can see more variation in the "greens" than there was a few weeks ago. We've had a "mild" summer, I guess, in that our official highs haven't hit 100 even one day. On the other had, the 95+ heat combined with humidity levels you could drown in have given us a number of days with heat indexes of over 100!

I love fall, winter and early spring here! Oh, and I thought I loved pumpkin everything until just this week. My grocery story had Yoplait Pumpkin Pie Yogurt, so of course I got two containers of it...blech! Won't be buying THAT flavor again!

Honored Contributor

I am in suburban NYC and it seems its so dry that leaves already loosing their color.

I love Fall, the reflection of the seasonal colors on the Lake across the street are amazingmac photos 1116.jpg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox is that a current picture?? The leaves are really turning there. Has it been dry? I live near Philly and we've had exceptional amounts of rain and cool cloudy days. So different, and yet just two hours away.