Honored Contributor

Re: Leaves beginning to change color!

I love fall too, but I'm not finished with summer yet. Woman Frustrated

Let's not rush the seasons.  Except the winter, which deserves to be postponed as long as possible, and curtailed asap.

Honored Contributor

Woke up this morning and there was the slightest chill.  The little hints of autumn continue.  I took the dog around the neighborhood and we walked through the park.

The Chinese pistaches in Albuquerque are turning red.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

leaves are beginning to fall of trees here. not much, but the trees that always shed 1st have begun the dance once again.

I even noticed the robins have left already. gone early this year.

farmers almanac calling for cold snowy winter for us this year.

Honored Contributor

There's a crispness in the air here, it already feels like Fall.  I wonder if that will stay... September into October are our hottest months.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

Yep.  Even though autumn 'officially' starts around the third week of September, to me it really doesn't until October (weather-wise, probably my favorite month of the year)

Doesn't seem like it should be warmer than spring, but it is because it comes after summer.

LOVE the cool,crisp, dry air - invigorates me!  Many pets and animals, too.  8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, pretty soon all you Northerners who complained about the heat, will be groaning about snowdrifts. 

I know I will!

I am an all season equal opportunity weather complainer.Smiley Very Happy

I feel so great in the fall I am not good with the heat. 

I can deal with snow much better.

Me too! But if spring and fall were longer seasons, it would help. 

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@Kachina624 North Dakota is incredibly windy. In fact, during the Winter months, they constantly talk about the Wind Chill Factor. One morning on my way to work, the radio announcer said that we had a WCF of.....yes, you're reading this right.....minus 102.....you could literally throw hot coffee from your cup and it would freeze before it hit the ground. And the snowdrifts were so high one morning, when we opened our garage door, you couldn't see anything but snow....the snow was up to the second floor bedroom window.  So, any other winter conditions we've been through can't even hold a candle to North Dakota. Those people there are a hearty bunch for sure!!!😊

We lived in ND for a total of 11 years, so I totally agree with Grandmapetes. 

Honored Contributor

You know how they say to check the caterpillers coat?  If it's heavy it'll be a cold hard winter....well, the minute I grab out my cookbooks and get in a baking mode, it's as good an indication of leaves changing and heavy caterpiller coats, that there is.  I've become one with them. LOL