Honored Contributor

Re: Leaves beginning to change color!

@grandma petes wrote:

@Kachina624 I won't be complaining about the snow. We chose to live in the Pacific Northwest so we would have the four seasons. I'm originally from Montana and we lived in North Dakota for 10 years, so the snow and cold don't bother us.😊

@Yes, I'd say @Grandmapètes has had more than a nodding acquaintanceship with snow drifts.  I bet the PNW is heaven after Montana (beautiful) and N. Dakota. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  You must live in NJ?  Isn't that the only place where someone will pump your gas? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, pretty soon all you Northerners who complained about the heat, will be groaning about snowdrifts. 

Wow, you sure know how to be rude.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, pretty soon all you Northerners who complained about the heat, will be groaning about snowdrifts. 

I know I will!

I am an all season equal opportunity weather complainer.Smiley Very Happy

I feel so great in the fall I am not good with the heat. 

I can deal with snow much better.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

The leaves on some of the trees in our area are changing color ever so slightly. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. The colors, the smells, baking, cozy clothes, casseroles, the return of This Is Us.....can't hardly wait. The colors in Fall just take my breath away. God has the best box of crayons for sure.

Oh, and did I mention Pumpkin Everything!!! I'm ready!!😊🍁🍂

Yes ,also here in southern main,some of my bushes are starting to turn color.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 North Dakota is incredibly windy. In fact, during the Winter months, they constantly talk about the Wind Chill Factor. One morning on my way to work, the radio announcer said that we had a WCF of.....yes, you're reading this right.....minus 102.....you could literally throw hot coffee from your cup and it would freeze before it hit the ground. And the snowdrifts were so high one morning, when we opened our garage door, you couldn't see anything but snow....the snow was up to the second floor bedroom window.  So, any other winter conditions we've been through can't even hold a candle to North Dakota. Those people there are a hearty bunch for sure!!!😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@eddyandme  You must live in NJ?  Isn't that the only place where someone will pump your gas? 

Massachusetts, bordering Worcester (Central MA). We are right in what they call the 'snow highway' - wicked storms. Couple years ago had the most snow in US! Now you now why I hate snow!

I always go to a pump gas station.  My Dad taught me that years ago, in case there's a problem, it pays to be a loyal customer of one gas station.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes Would love to experience that kind of Little House winter! In PA, I only remember digging out of the front door once or twice. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

@Kachina624 wrote:

I really detest summer in CT.  I get hot so easily when I go out that I'm miserable.  And I never complain about snow.  People can usually get warmer in winter by bundling up in a warm coat, hat, scarf, gloves, going in the house, wearing a bathrobe, a warm comforter on the bed, etc.  But in the summer, sometimes I am unable to cool off... and we have central a/c and, of course, a/c in the car.  Just walking from the car into a grocery store I get heated.  It's a real problem for me.

The happiest day of the year for me is (usually in Sept. or Oct.) when I have to wear knee socks and slippers in the house!!!  Smiley Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I love the changing of the seasons. Life's never boring.Woman Happy