Valued Contributor

Re: Leanne Beardon, World Traveler Found Today. RIP

On 2/14/2014 occasional rain said:

Who takes a backpack running?

My understanding is that she was going for a walk, and no one noticed the back pack was gone for a while....her husband was the only one home when she left, they were staying at his parents for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2014 Jannabelle said:

My understanding is that she was going for a walk, and no one noticed the back pack was gone for a while....her husband was the only one home when she left, they were staying at his parents for the holidays.

The article from the above link said she had gone for a run. Maybe the reporter got it wrong.

Valued Contributor

The article from the above link said she had gone for a run. Maybe the reporter got it wrong.

Could be, I have been following it for a while and I have always heard walk, but maybe they consider it the same thing....he said she carried a wallet too, I rarely carry a wallet, but do take a phone, I don't think she had a phone.

Honored Contributor

Could be, I have been following it for a while and I have always heard walk, but maybe they consider it the same thing....he said she carried a wallet too, I rarely carry a wallet, but do take a phone, I don't think she had a phone.

I don't take along a wallet either but, like you, I take a phone. All they have to go on is what her husband has told them and he's the last person to see her alive. She wasn't found sooner because the family supposedly already searched that area. So, how could they not have found her especially when there would be the oder of decomposition?

Valued Contributor

I don't take along a wallet either but, like you, I take a phone. All they have to go on is what her husband has told them and he's the last person to see her alive. She wasn't found sooner because the family supposedly already searched that area. So, how could they not have found her especially when there would be the oder of decomposition?

I am sure they will check his story out, probably have been all along....and as far as the decomposition, what about the cold weather? and to find her supposedly hanging in a tree, that is disturbing.

Honored Contributor

I am sure they will check his story out, probably have been all along....and as far as the decomposition, what about the cold weather? and to find her supposedly hanging in a tree, that is disturbing.

I thought it was in Texas.

Valued Contributor

It is, central Texas, isn't it cold there in January?
Respected Contributor

Supposedly they had one phone they shared between them and she left it home because she had a phone interview in an hour. Which doesn't make sense at all. One would think she would take the phone in case she was delayed and didn't make it back in time for the interview. And if she was due for a phone interview and didn't come home for it - wouldn't that make most husbands worry? Yet he didn't look for her for three hours. Also, they say the area is rural, no stores. Why take a wallet? She had no place to buy anything. However, if one wanted ... Say ... a body identified quickly, they would make sure identification was with the body.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

On 2/14/2014 PurpleBunny said:

Supposedly they had one phone they shared between them and she left it home because she had a phone interview in an hour. Which doesn't make sense at all. One would think she would take the phone in case she was delayed and didn't make it back in time for the interview. And if she was due for a phone interview and didn't come home for it - wouldn't that make most husbands worry? Yet he didn't look for her for three hours. Also, they say the area is rural, no stores. Why take a wallet? She had no place to buy anything. However, if one wanted ... Say ... a body identified quickly, they would make sure identification was with the body.
Good points Detective Purple Bunny....and did that call ever come? if so what were they told?
Respected Contributor

Det. Bunny does not know the answer. Lol. Another thing I found odd was, he claims that when she told him she was going for a walk to "clear her head" - he said, "you take as long as you need, babe". Ok ... He's giving himself an excuse for not looking for her when she wasn't home within the hour AND he's throwing in the "babe" to show how affectionate he felt towards her. Both red flags in my book.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )