Esteemed Contributor

I like Jimmy Fallon - I really do and used to watch him until I found Jimmy Kimmel. The other night I was flipping channels when I happened upon Jimy Fallon with Michelle O. Well, he was so silly and giggly, I said to my husband "this is gonna be his downfall"... Even my two grandchildren (who are in college) say that none of their friends think he's funny - just silly. And, if that age group feels that way, then what's the end going to be?

I even have his book of "Thank You" notes.

"Thank You ESPN Classic, for being a really exciting channel to watch if you just came out of a coma".........

Super Contributor

Michelle's black jumpsuit was so cute and she looked awesome in it.

I wonder if he's feeling the pressure of replacing Jay? Maybe he'll relax after a bit longer.

Super Contributor

Jimmy makes me laugh, so it's all good.

Don't forget, he's an SNL alum.

That may be a part of his shtick.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

Let's give him a chance, it has only been one week. I'm hoping he won't be political.

Super Contributor

I didn't care for the Ew skit. Politics aside. I just don't like that sorta over the top attempt at humor. MO was a good sport in participating, I'll give her credit for that. Jimmy and Will both looked ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

I like him. I saw him last night with Justin Timberlake. The show definitely has a different feeling to.it.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor
On 2/22/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

I like him. I saw him last night with Justin Timberlake. The show definitely has a different feeling to.it.

True, it does, but then again, I don't think that he is trying to be Jay Leno.

I'm sure that when Jay took over from Johnny, people at first thought that the show wouldn't last without Carson, but it did.

Just like Leno didn't try to be Johnny, I'm sure that Fallon is not trying to be Leno.

Leno had to make the show HIS own, and I'm sure that Jimmy will make the show HIS own as well.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor
On 2/22/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

I have it recorded. I haven't watched yet but looking forward to it. Those two are great together.

Respected Contributor

Qwackertoo, yes, they are funny together! One of my favorite skits on SNL was when they did the Gibbs. Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Regular Contributor

Jimmy Fallon will find his stride. It took Leno a long time to find his, when he took over for Carson and he had lots of time as the permanent guest host for years before that. I didn't like the Ewww skit either. Couldn't understand most of the dialogue. I love political humor on both sides and hope it is part of his monologue. Glad the show is different with Fallon. Leno had become stale, IMO.