Frequent Contributor

Just happened on my walk back with Plug and max........

I am so shocked and upset.... I was walking home from my usual walk with my dogs .. when I saw a man with a dog [a small brown and white one, looked like a beagle mix] And he was hitting the dog with his cane... I yelled at the man to stop this ... The poor little thing was laying on the curb panting hard...I had both my dogs with me my hands were full ... but, I kneel ed down and the dog was not moving but, looked up at me with very scared eyes.. Mind your own business bit--He said.... I said why on earth would you beat that poor little dog... He was not walking fast enough for me... I called animal control and the police... Both came and took statements from me..I saw the little dog still not getting up on his own ...But, lifted up his little head with pain in his eyes... As if to thank me..... The animal control will be taking him to the vet... Please, can someone call me and let me know how he is.. I have never seen this horrible excuse for a human being in the neighborhood before. And I hope I never will. They arrested him on the scene and was cussing me out ... as he was being led away... I am still shaking and I am sick at heart for the poor little dog...who did nothing wrong. Thank you for listening...I am beyond sad and angry. I am just sick to my stomach.