Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~Just found this distressing news from Lisa Mason on FB~ :(

Blessings of health and peace to this dear couple. There's a lot of good hearts on this forum. A lot of good energy going out.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I could be mistaken, but doesn't Lisa have Lupus? I wonder if cancer could be a complication of that since Lupus attacks so many parts of the body. Or, it could be her husband. Different types of cancer can have different symptoms and outcomes. My dear friend's husband had brain cancer which gradually took everything from him and finally his life. He was gone in a year's time from diagnosis to death. He fought the fight, but in the end the type of brain cancer he had was a killer that had rarely ever been treated successfully. Bad, horrible things can happen to good people, and Lisa seems like one of the best. My heart goes out to her.

Yes, I remember she did say that she has lupus. One of the side effects of some of the medications used to treat lupus is lymphoma. I hope that's not the case.

Thank you Croemer for sharing this. I will certainly send positive thoughts her way.

Honored Contributor

I remember reading somewhere (any hosts write any books?) that Lisa didn't have Lupus and somehow the rumor got started and just rolled like a snowball.

If you google it, seems all links are asking the same.... did she really have Lupus.

I've read since this FB message came out that she supposedly talked about it in the QVC Insider. (I don't have access to the Insider so I never read about it there.)

Did she openly talk about her battle with Lupus on Facebook?

Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 soxfan said:
On 8/9/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I could be mistaken, but doesn't Lisa have Lupus? I wonder if cancer could be a complication of that since Lupus attacks so many parts of the body. Or, it could be her husband. Different types of cancer can have different symptoms and outcomes. My dear friend's husband had brain cancer which gradually took everything from him and finally his life. He was gone in a year's time from diagnosis to death. He fought the fight, but in the end the type of brain cancer he had was a killer that had rarely ever been treated successfully. Bad, horrible things can happen to good people, and Lisa seems like one of the best. My heart goes out to her.

Yes, I remember she did say that she has lupus. One of the side effects of some of the medications used to treat lupus is lymphoma. I hope that's not the case.

Thank you Croemer for sharing this. I will certainly send positive thoughts her way.

Apparently, it's her husband who has cancer.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

croemer and sunshine45, Thank you for the updates.

I know both Gino and Lisa are in the prayers of many, many good hearts and gentle souls.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova