Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers does it AGAIN with her big mouth

On 3/26/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

So basically a lot of you people have no idea what comedy is about and no sense of humor at all. OK, I get that. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Your comment wasn't directed at me, was it? I'm only asking since I posted right after your first post , and you posted again after my comment. I didn't address Joan's jokes about Lena, and even mentioned I liked Joan, but didn't care for some of her jokes.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 mgm2 said:

I have a very good sense of humor, that's why I don't believe Joan Rivers is funny.

I also think I have a great sense of humor, and not all comics amuse me. Different strokes for different folks. When I find someone offensive or their particular brand of comedy "unfunny" to me, I just choose not to watch them. I've watched Joan's fashion talk show a few times, not on a regular basis, usually after one of the awards shows. I find it funny perhaps 75% of the time, and when I get tired of her or the others I change the channel. I found the beer belly comment about Chris Hemsworth's wife (who is very pregnant with twins) totally out of line and offensive, BUT it wasn't Joan that said it! That comment came from her co-host George. All of them on that show have said some pretty abrasive things. Joan is far from the worst. Nobody should be surprised by anything she says if they have any familiarity with her career. A leopard isn't going to change it's old age spots.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Silver Lotus said:

Vulgarity and crassness is NOT funny in my book.

Then you should definitely avoid watching Joan, among others.

Super Contributor

Thanks Jules for the clarification with regard to Chris Hemsworth's wife.

I don't watch ""Joan & Melissa"" nor the ""Fashion Police.""

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 i like celery said:

So basically a lot of you people have no idea what comedy is about and no sense of humor at all. OK, I get that. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Your comment wasn't directed at me, was it? I'm only asking since I posted right after your first post , and you posted again after my comment. I didn't address Joan's jokes about Lena, and even mentioned I liked Joan, but didn't care for some of her jokes.

No, not at all. More at those who are completely outraged by any joke that pokes fun (which I think is all jokes).

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why people single out Joan's jokes as ""offensive"" or ""crass"". People find different things funny. Just because we don't laugh at the same things doesn't mean you have a sense of humor and I don't.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

Didn't hear it, have no clue who Lena is. But the people who did hear it listen to Howard??? Howard Stern himself degrades women as objects daily! But I must say this about all comedians. Their choice of jokes is scarce, because you cant joke about anything anymore except maybe yourself?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2014 BlueCollarBabe said: No, not at all. More at those who are completely outraged by any joke that pokes fun (which I think is all jokes).

Thanks, Blue, for the reply. Did you ever see Joan's documentary?

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 i like celery said:

No, not at all. More at those who are completely outraged by any joke that pokes fun (which I think is all jokes).

Then that would apply to Joan Rivers getting hyper about any joke made about Melissa. She can dish it out but she sure can't take it...

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Shorty2U said:

Didn't hear it, have no clue who Lena is. But the people who did hear it listen to Howard??? Howard Stern himself degrades women as objects daily! But I must say this about all comedians. Their choice of jokes is scarce, because you cant joke about anything anymore except maybe yourself?

He's really not the same person he was years ago. He can sometimes still be crude, but overall he's not like he used to be. He can conduct some pretty serious interviews.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥