Respected Contributor

Re: Is everyone on vacation or something?

I predict you will see less people here. However, there are those who spend lots and lots of time here with such thought provoking posts that they will remain.

Those who were/are casual posters will probably go by the wayside.

Also, it would not surprise me if the names of posters will return. Otherwise, you will see less and less of some posters.

Super Contributor

On 8/10/2014 azterry! said:
On 8/10/2014 Lion said:

I don't understand.

People complained about this board and how "bad" it was, and are now complaining because the mods are starting to monitor it more closely.

What exactly did you want? I have a feeling some didn't want their own actions monitored but they wanted others to be monitored and even banned completely.

JMO.

Bingo!

You can thank the whiners club. a whiners club in each forum and bingo this is what you get. our whiners club did there job and are now mia.

Honored Contributor

Not sure I followed your comment, Gooday...
Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 herekitty_kitty said:
On 8/10/2014 Lion said:

I don't understand.

People complained about this board and how "bad" it was, and are now complaining because the mods are starting to monitor it more closely.

What exactly did you want? I have a feeling some didn't want their own actions monitored but they wanted others to be monitored and even banned completely.

JMO.

Bingo!

You can thank the whiners club. a whiners club in each forum and bingo this is what you get. our whiners club did there job and are now mia.

Hmmm, so your posting buddies are now mia? Just wondering, because I'm not missing a lot of folks.

Super Contributor

On 8/10/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 8/10/2014 herekitty_kitty said:
On 8/10/2014 Lion said:

I don't understand.

JMO.

Bingo!

Hmmm, so your posting buddies are now mia? Just wondering, because I'm not missing a lot of folks.

sorry I didn't mean "our" as in anyone I associate with. I meant "our" in general. Our as in "our viewpoints whiners club." sorry for the misunderstanding.

Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 tansy said: Not sure I followed your comment, Gooday...

Well, let me say this as delicately as I can: there are quite a few people that seem to be here morning, noon and night. I THINK part of the attraction for them is that they have an audience. It was convenient for all posters (me included) to see who was signed in. That is no longer an option, thus, casual posters who come and go will most likely fall by the wayside.

The Q may change their minds on that if enough people complain. Just my thoughts which I am sure in some people's minds are irrelevant.

Super Contributor

On 8/10/2014 tansy said:
On 8/10/2014 ------ said:
On 8/10/2014 Lion said:

I don't understand.

JMO.

Bingo!

ITA Lion.

And from what I've seen recently the mods are doing a great job.

Should I say bingo or just that I agree??

Hi tansy.

How about bingo squared? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 8/10/2014 Gooday said:

Well, let me say this as delicately as I can: there are quite a few people that seem to be here morning, noon and night. I THINK part of the attraction for them is that they have an audience. It was convenient for all posters (me included) to see who was signed in. That is no longer an option, thus, casual posters who come and go will most likely fall by the wayside.

The Q may change their minds on that if enough people complain. Just my thoughts which I am sure in some people's minds are irrelevant.

I appreciate your response, Gooday. I checked the list occasionally if I wanted to respond to a specific poster but it wasn't very reliable anyway. I rarely sign out so it often looks like I am here when I'm not.
Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 tansy said:
On 8/10/2014 Gooday said:

I appreciate your response, Gooday. I checked the list occasionally if I wanted to respond to a specific poster but it wasn't very reliable anyway. I rarely sign out so it often looks like I am here when I'm not.

I can go a few days at a time without every checking my computer but when I do and I come here, it's the same old, same old and some of the posts make me shake my head. Maybe it's just me but, I don't need a blow-by-blow of current events.

Like I said, it's just me.

Today, I'm killing time before I have to go out but, I might not be back here for a couple of days. Others seem to live for being here day in and day out.

Honored Contributor

This is getting really old. I've seen complaints about not enough moderation and too much moderation since I started posting here. I still haven't seen anything new or different here since the surveys and I still think it's all anticipatory worry.

I'm not aware of anyone MIA right now, but I have seen posters leave in the past 6 months, maybe longer, and that certainly had nothing to do with any changes in moderation. It was all about the personal attacks and ganging up on individual posters. I'm beginning to think those who enjoyed such activities are the ones afraid they'll be scrutinized a bit more now, and they're upset by that. I wrote it before, in one of the threads about possible changes to the community: those who break the laws always complain the loudest about stricter laws and more law enforcement.

As for trying to "shame" any of us who posted openly about wishing for posters to be more considerate and for the community to be more professionally managed, that's really getting old too.

And the Members Online list? Some of the same people who said the fact that their name was there "all day" meant nothing because the list was inaccurate are the same people now complaining because they now say it helped them find posters who were actually online. You can't get more contradictory than that.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova