Super Contributor
On 8/17/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

I have always wanted to attend jury duty but now with a past head injury I doubt they would let me be on the jury even taking notes.

Oh, you might be surprised who they let on juries...

Honored Contributor

Are you kidding me???

Valued Contributor

I'll take the Judge...

Stephen J. McEwen, Jr

Respected Contributor
On 8/17/2014 Love my grandkids said:

RRR you can't just sit on a jury and take notes. Good grief, what a silly idea.

Actually, it's not silly at all. Jurors are each given a notebook and pencil on their chairs. They are collected at the end of each session, handed back on the assigned seat the next session. The notes taken are used in jury deliberations.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I was on 2 civil juries in California. Our notebooks were NOT collected, they were left in the jury box at lunch and break times, but collected at the end of the day.

RRR would only want to sit on a jury and take notes, NOT ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE and I agree she would be incapable of doing THAT.

Super Contributor
On 8/17/2014 kdgn said:

Actually, it's not silly at all. Jurors are each given a notebook and pencil on their chairs. They are collected at the end of each session, handed back on the assigned seat the next session. The notes taken are used in jury deliberations.

That's what has always happened at the trials where I was seated as a juror. We were able to take notes in notebooks supplied to us, but we had to leave them at the end of the day.

So, we were absolutely able to take notes during the trial!

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Super Contributor
On 8/17/2014 ktlynam said:
On 8/17/2014 kdgn said:

That's what has always happened at the trials where I was seated as a juror. We were able to take notes in notebooks supplied to us, but we had to leave them at the end of the day.

So, we were absolutely able to take notes during the trial!

This was my experience in California as well...

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the note-taking depends on what state you live in.

Super Contributor
On 8/16/2014 brewhaha said:

I'd use all of my peremptory challenges.

With our VP posters?!?

Uh...I'd probably plead Guilty and hope for life without parole rather than take the chance of a trial and getting the Death Penalty. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

JK, of course... Smile

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan