Honored Contributor

Re: If they brought me in by helicopter...

@Burnsite  Never seem to be around when you are, so will wish you and your kitties a safe and prosperous New Year.  I have felt the same way about crowds ever since childhood.  We are opting to stay at home tonight, it's only a balmy 1 degree here in Wisconsin.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  Now we are sensible.  When I was young sensible went out the window but I enjoyed my youth.  Now I sit back and relax watching the New Year on TV.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I am a native New Yorker although I moved to California in 1965, I never went to the city on New Years Eve nor would I ever do it.  To me that isn't fun, it is unbearably cold and being squashed in a crowd like salmon in a can is not my idea of fun.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I was born & raised in New York.I’ve lived here all my life.I love ❤️ NYC.It’s the greatest city in the world 🌎!! I have never had a desire to spend New Years Eve in Times Square.

The crowds, the standing for countless hours, the discomfort of being without a restroom, no food or water.The uncertainty of the weather.No thanks. I’ll leave that to the risk takers & the tourists!!

Valued Contributor

I have images of the adult version of the "new years baby" in a diaper now after reading all of this LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Did it when I was younger and y2K as I was working.....it's great fun and people are very friendly and fun....but I enjoy it from home now.....it still makes me smile when I see the happy faces.   Good bless those who kept people safe! 

Honored Contributor

It's minus 11 (feels like -21) in the Adirondacks - but at least it's SUNNY!

My friend's camp is in another area here - it's MINUS 22.

Happy New Year...

Honored Contributor

Last night Ryan was talking to a couple (probably in their twenties) and they admitted they were wearing Depends, even though the guy said he hadn't used it yet! 

Honored Contributor

Well, we all have our preferences, but I never recall a time when I thought being in a crowd, packed tightly like a can of sardines, was supposed to be "fun".  Not in a movie theater on Saturday night not in a packed stadium, not anywhere with a huge number of people.

No way, Jose.

And the weather .... my nephew went to NYC for the ball drop and I'll be worried until I hear he's okay.   

(Can you imagine the pick pocketing that goes on in places like this?)