Respected Contributor

Re: I think I have rescued a Sheltie

I don't think she will want him back. She can't take care of him properly. I took him to the Vet today and have got him started on Heartworm Medicine. The Vet said to not call the shelter because then he risks going back because I was not the person who adopted him. The Sheltere is 1 hour and 45 min away. She said I have not contract with the Shelter and I don't owe them anything. They should not have adopted this dog to that young girl with not enough resources to take care of him. I bought him a new collar and leash today too. I brought him around to various places to meet people and he was a perfect gentleman. Some don't like the name Coco so I am trying to think about something else.
Valued Contributor

conit, bless you for taking care of this little guy. I hope the vet can get some info from his chip, unfortunately if it wasn't registered they might not get too far. In any case, he is one lucky little dog to have found such a safe haven and perhaps a new loving forever home. Will look for updates!
Valued Contributor

Oops, we were posting at the same time. I'm glad it looks like you can keep him, and I bet he's pretty happy too!
Respected Contributor

Yes my house is totally set up for Shelties. My yard is fully fenced. The vet was so mad that they adopted him to this girl who is living off her grandparents while in college and trying to work too. He was in a 1 room apartment with no place to run. They would need a court order to take him from me. He was dirty and over fed too. He will be vey happy with my girls and they seem to like him too.
Respected Contributor

I feel so good that I got him out of the crazy situations he was in. The first couple that had him split and brought him to a shelter and the adopted him into the wrong home.
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm glad he's home at last with you and the girls! Would love to see a pic if you could post one. (I wish to heck I could find a way to post a photo directly from the iPad. When I use photobucket on the regular computer It locks up.)
Respected Contributor

I know I don't know how to post one here. He is a Blue Merle. So I have a Sable and White and 2 Blue Merle's . Don't worry they are all spayed and neutered.
Valued Contributor

So glad he has found a home with you, a caring and experienced Sheltie owner. He is going to have fun with his 2 sisters as well. Since he is a Blue Merle, maybe you could name him after some kind of blue opaque gemstone like "Jasper"

"Blue Jasper forms in various shades of blue, often swirled with dark patches or veining and is linked with nobility of spirit and purpose, it imparts the courage to speak out against injustice and to risk unpopularity to defend the vulnerable. It is the perfect anti-stress stone for those in charge of others’ well-being, and for older children and teenagers to carry to resist being led into unwise behavior or risky situations." (from crystalvaults.com)

Let us know what his ultimate name is if you have the chance. He is one lucky boy!

Respected Contributor

Jasper is a cute name and has a lot behind it but my brothers bird is named Jasper. Hmmm I wonder if he would mind is I stole his name.
Regular Contributor

Meant to beSmiley Happy Enjoy your new little guy. He is a lucky boySmiley Happy