Contributor

Re: I'm about to drop Spectrum

I cut the cord several months back after my rate increased to 180.00 per month. I was tired of paying for all of those commercials. My son hooked up an antenna (15.00) that allows me to get my local news channels and a few others that are mostly show old shows, but they are the ones that I grew up with so not all bad. I also have the  Discovery Plus App. I got the commercial free for 6.99 per month.

I LOVE it!!

It has many, many channels to choose from. Highly recommend it.

I went from paying 180.00 a month to 6.99. Makes me very happy!   

Respected Contributor

I visit another forum and there has been a lot of chatter about Spectrum lately.  Mostly about their inability to negotiate with companies because some well like channels have been dropped.  We dropped our landline over 7 years ago.  At the time we were paying over $50, I think it was with AT&T.  And that was only for local calls, we tried to cut it to minimum first.  I called someone who lived 5 minutes from me, same zip code, same town....it was considered long distance.  Ridiculous.  I don't have any suggestions for cable, wish I did.  Been trying to figure out how to cut that cord for years, without ending up paying more for just internet and streaming.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3 

Thank you for your list of email providers.  Hoping to make sure my choice is a reliable and secure one.

My problem is I use Spectrum for email......yup, a real pickle!  

Respected Contributor

@granddi 

Channel surfing is also missed by me!  I like to see choices, then select what I am in mood for.  Streaming kind of gives me some nice choices, but I feel like I am settling.