Trusted Contributor

I didn't know who to address my question to, whether just the forum posters, or the forum moderators, so I'm throwing it out to everyone.

Has there ever been a scheduled "live chat" here on the forums? Like, say, at 8pm eastern, those who want to gather in whichever forum topic suits it best, can do so. That way we can be more like talking to one another, versus waiting several minutes, hours, or a day for a reply? Maybe this isn't allowed because meanies could turn it ugly? Just curious, because I think it would be fun. If it is okay, or I need to ask permission to do so, I'd like to give it a try sometime.

Honored Contributor

Not scheduled by the Q, but posters have chats about stars walking the red carpet or watching a Q show.

Honored Contributor

I bet something like that would be easier for the mods to monitor and shut down if it got too hot. Of course that wouldn't be hard because as we all know if you don't want to get deleted you better choose your words wisely.

Honored Contributor

they already do live chats on facebook.....it could turn into a disaster on here, especially since we are "anonymous."

there are so many people complaining about so many other problems regarding ths website that i think they need to focus on solving those issues first before beginning a new venture.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@lolakimona = this thread goes with the post on your thread.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I understand what you're asking but I have been called on the phone before by the QVC moderators.

I also have two people here I correspond with and email.  One of them I've spoken to several times.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat

I think I understand what you're asking.  Someone else mentioned that, when a certain show is on, you might see threads started with titles like, "who's watching the Linea show right now," and everyone watching the Linea show can chat in real time, so to speak.

If I were inclined to do something like you suggest, I might post a thread with a title like, "Let's talk about [fill in the blank with your topic].  Then my first post would say something like, "Let's talk about [subject] Monday night 2/5/18 at 8PM EST."  Then, hopefully, those interested in talking about your subject will come by tomorrow at 8PM to chat "live."

I don't think you need permission to do something like that.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66If this is an "annonymous" place to post, why oh why, would a monitor call you at home? I cannot imagine what circumstances would warrant such a phone call. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Annabellethecat66If this is an "annonymous" place to post, why oh why, would a monitor call you at home? I cannot imagine what circumstances would warrant such a phone call. 

The moderators do contact posters who are customers to help with customer/purchase issues. They usually do it by voicemail, but I’ve seen where they offered to call.

No one who has ever ordered is anonymous to the moderators, whether we contact them first or not.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady

a moderator called me and left a message once. i had had a problem with an order and was talking about it in a thread. she saw it, and she called to let me know she was going to take care of it for me.......and she did......she definitely went above and beyond to keep me a happy customer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein