Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Well you've definitely come to the right place for empathy, sympathy and "you go girl"s.  We all love you and when one of us hurts, the rest of us hurt.

We are here for you.

ps... note to self, don't get sideways with @SportyShorty07 !

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Thank you so much, Monicakm Heart!  I love you too and I love all of you! I've said it before and I'll say it again- I truly love the QVC forums Heart! You're all so wonderful, smart, funny, insightful, talented, supportive and kind! It's a party here and its a support network and every forum topic has so many great contributions! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Sooner 

It seems like these days police officers, being well within their right to use it, frown upon deadly Force 🤨

@monicakm They shouldn't have to put their lives on the line and defer to the people trying to kill them because people want to frown on it. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, no doubt you are disappointed and mad.  I would be, too.  But something tells me that there's something even BETTER coming for you!  So hang in there!!!  It's coming!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I immediately thought of the song "Unanswered Prayers". God has something bigger and better for you @SportyShorty07   One day you will look back and know. 

Best of luck to you in whatever your next endeavor will be. I am more than sure that you will shine bright. Hugs

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07   You might consider taking a breather for a bit and getting some vocational counseling. There are specialized agencies that offer it and also counselors can be found at community colleges.

You'll learn about your strengths and weaknesses and better understand your likes and dislikes. They'll introduce you to careers you might never have considered. I'm sure you'll gain insight into what it is about police work that attracts you so much, and what other careers might scratch that itch.

Respected Contributor

Re: I didn't get the job

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07   I acknowledge your disappointment and yes, it's hard.  I know how that feels.  In between working full time and raising 4 kids, I was also going to school part time. It took me 10 years to get my Bachelors and Masters degrees.  I started college at  35.  When I graduated, I was promised (by a supervisor who left), a job where I was already working - I didn't get it.  A coworker got it.  I was so upset...I worked so hard and well, really thought I was going to get it.  HOWEVER, another job came open in a different category and I was able to get it.  23 years later, I'm still in it and I love it.  The girl who got the other job still has it and is miserable.  

Trust that you will find something you eventually enjoy.  It may be hard to think about that now, but it will come.    We have mentioned to each other before about the art world, as my son is an artist.  He followed his passion and while he's not the richest in dollars, he is in his heart.  Best of luck 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07 I am profoundly saddened to read this post!😔 We do not interact frequently, but I have read of your desire to join the academy and the hard work you have diligently put in!❤ Reading of your denial, breaks my heart!💔 I echo ALL of the WONDERFUL sentiments of support already expressed, and would like to add a famous quote by Dr. King-- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose finite HOPE"!!💝 You have an amazing spirt of fortitude that WILL be rewarded!!👍👍 Keep shining✨ because the next highly DESIRED opportunity will knock on your door when you LEAST expect it; just be ready to answer!🥰

This is preparing you for the GREATNESS that IS yet to be your destiny! Relax! Rewind! Reflect!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07  - I am so sorry to read that you didn't get into the police academy.  Know it's a hard blow and crying about it is fine.  Agree with others that the right opportunity for you will come along and with your positive attitude, I can't wait to see what it is!