Honored Contributor

@Pooky1

Honestly, you are a gem Smiley Happy

My husband does laundry, too, and makes a bed like a professional.  How did that happen?  He was in the Air Force and had to learn to do it on his own, lol.  He irons better than I do, too, same reason.  They had to have sharp creases and the creases had to be straight. 

Respected Contributor

there was a time when i ironed everything i wore but that ended along time ago. you post alot of cool stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

there was a time when i ironed everything i wore but that ended along time ago. you post alot of cool stuff.

Thank you, @Pooky1  Smiley Happy  Join in any time!

BTW, I used to iron all the time, too, not so much anymore.  That's the great thing about most knit shirts lately, little or no ironing.  About the only thing I iron often are fresh tablecloths.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7

My husband is the best ironer in the house. As  mentioned on an earlier post, his mother made sure all her sons could take care of themselves.

In our house, if mommy got sick, I never had to worry about the girls because I knew he could do everything for them.

Also, my husband has taught them everything there is to know about car maintenance, changing tires, checking fluids, changing out wipers, etc.  They even know basic plumbing, painting, lawn work, etc.  Both of them are computer wizards. No "poor me" in our house! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Noel7

My husband is the best ironer in the house. As  mentioned on an earlier post, his mother made sure all her sons could take care of themselves.

In our house, if mommy got sick, I never had to worry about the girls because I knew he could do everything for them.

Also, my husband has taught them everything there is to know about car maintenance, changing tires, checking fluids, changing out wipers, etc.  They even know basic plumbing, painting, lawn work, etc.  Both of them are computer wizards. No "poor me" in our house! 

Hey, we do have a lot in common @MyGirlsMom  My father taught me those things, too, and DH passed them down to DD, with the exception of lawn work.  It's almost impossible to get a lawn in this town.

She worked summers on the paint crew at undergrad school because she heard they had the most fun, so she can out-paint both of us.  She's also a better plumber than either of us because she will watch what to do on you tube also.  I got her her own tool kit when she was in college.