Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't understand poopooing 14 days.  IF I HAD TO SPEND 1 DAY IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

She will go to a white collar facility.  No need to have a heart attack.  Martha Stewart spent five months in prison for lying to the fbi.  It is confinement, it is not The Big House.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I don't know where anyone got the idea she only serves 85% of her 14 days. From what I read, she gets two weeks in jail, a $30,000 fine, which is double what she paid to help her children, 250 hours of community service, and one year probation.

If that sentence is in proportion to what she spent ($15,000) to get help for her children, it will be interesting to see what Loughlin gets as a sentence, since she paid $500,000.

In the federal system it's automatic that you only do part of the sentence assuming that you have good behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: h a Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

Yea, a farce of a sentence.  I think the college coaches are looking at much longer sentences  . You better beleive that the college staff involved in the fraud practices  will definitely serve prision sentences. This is another example of  a 2 tiered  justice system.

What gets me  is that the man who got alot of these  college fraud cases in play  had a sweet plea deal  as he rolled over on the parents he collected money from , the coaches  and the people set in place to help cheat on the SAT tests.

They ought to fine them all and apply the fine money to all the students who  applied  who were  turned down  at the  college at the time .

Trusted Contributor

I think this sentence is fine. She didn't actually ripoff any money from anyone and there's no possible way to point to a specific victim.

People get super worked up over rich people. She fessed up right away and saved loads of money for the tax payers. She hasn't tried to play victim.

People really think she should spend a year in jail for this? And I have to say, I don't know if she's one of the ones that actually claimed this money to the fake charity on her tax returns butI'd say that was really the kicker. How many people here knew that cheating on the SATs would get you a federal charge? The more I think about that it seems a little nuts.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of solicitation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

She won’t have a jury trial. Neither did Huffman. Aunt Becky needs to start baking her cakes with the files in them for Mossimo to bring her when she is locked up.

A judge will hear from both sides then sentence her. Still not clear if she and her husband will be tried together or separately. She is still wa ting to change her plea and ask for a deal; he is adamantly opposed because he doesn’t want to ruin their reputations by pleading guilty. Too late!

New Contributor

I have never commented on anything but I need to on this. A homeless woman in Ohio I believe put a different address on her child's forms in order for her child to go to a good school, I think they gave her 5 years!.  

New Contributor

Its only fair when its fair for all. "Regular people" would never get this type leniency.

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@bathina wrote:
No probation? I think her sentence is fair.

Fair, I don't think so. On the View they pointed out a young black mother who was homeless got five years in prison for falsifying her address. She wanted her child to go to a decent school system. 

@manny2 

I was going to recount the same story. Working in criminal justice for many years, I'm sure you can guess how I feel about a 14-day sentence. But I find comfort in my belief system:

You will never understand the damage

you did to someone

until the same thing is done to you.

That is why I am here.

@magicmoodz Yes, what goes around comes around!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't understand poopooing 14 days.  IF I HAD TO SPEND 1 DAY IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

I completely agree!  I worked in the criminal justice system for MANY years and went to the jails and prisons very often.

The booking process is grueling and the fact that an inmate has to go to the bathroom (and shower) in PUBLIC would be enough to prevent me from EVER doing anything that was against the law. Also, there is deafening NOISE 24/7 in jail/prison.

Martha Stewart survived; however, she went straight to prison (which is a different system).  Felicity will likely go to a local jail (worse circumstances).

@pdlinda   The jails have the pods where the prisoners commune together right?