Honored Contributor

Re: How long is the cold snowy weather going to last?

I'm over the cold. I'll take any number that doesn't have a negative in front of it. The weather is awful.

Valued Contributor

We're hunkered down here in Houston! Don't forget to wrap your pipes!
Super Contributor

Using Google is quicker than posting & receiving hearsay from others. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Good morning .. I am in central NJ our weather is going to be in the 30s and hope it warms up even more. A lot of the snow and ice melted thank goodness. I heard on the news that some parts of the south are going to be hit with this very cold weather. I do not know what part of the country you are in O/P but, that is the weather for my neck of the woods. I hope the icy weather goes away from the northeast. I feel sorry for the people up north and in the mid-west. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Every winter with this weather wow.. no wonder you folks like summer/spring so much.

Valued Contributor

I'm in the Houston area and we getting sleet right now. But it will be 70 in a couple of days.
Valued Contributor

I'm in the Houston area and we getting sleet right now. But it will be 70 in a couple of days.
Trusted Contributor

Stay safe, mare and Hooty! It must be worse still when you're not accustomed and so maybe not well prepared for severe winter weather. I've lived in Mystic, CT for 19 years now, so all too used to it. We start preparing before Thanksgiving each year. Today is not so bad... 26°. Chance of snow again tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Aww thanks Rowan! It's been a heck of a day, freezing rain/sleet & snow here in AL, temps not getting higher than 27 degrees, roads are a mess, and some areas that were predicted to not get anything, did and they were not prepared, many folks stranded and their work places and children stranded at some schools, and abandoned cars on the Interstate! I have lived in snow states, and that was why we retired back to the South because of all of this, we are just not prepared for this type of weather!

Trusted Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad} I saw all this on the news, Hooty. So sorry for such a scary mess for so many. I would have been frantic with my children stranded at school, or anywhere else! Many injuries and some casualties reported, too. All these wild weather patterns, among other things... Seems our world is changing before our eyes. I hope there will be time for us to adapt.

Good to know you and your family are safe! Smile It's 18° here currently, and so strange to hear from relatives and friends in the south that their conditions are worse than ours right now. Praying for an early Spring for all.

Respected Contributor

I am sure you can tune in to a local TV station who would have more accurate info for you..or even online weather would give you your area.