Honored Contributor

Re: How far is Studio Park from NYC?

On 8/11/2014 tends2dogs said:

Thanks for the info Terrier3! We would fly into Philadelphia....I take it that is the closest airport. What we are thinking about is the Girlfriends Weekend planned through QVC. It is tied in with the Desmond Hotel and the Hershey Hotel....kind of a spa thing, tour, a few meals, and events planned. It is a Friday night to Sunday brunch. We were thinking if we came a couple days early, we could take a train into NYC for a day. Is there enough to do in the area of Studio Park? Someone mentioned it is out in the "boonies". I really didn't want to rent a car if I didn't have to.

Usually when you are on a tour type of package, they will provide transportation between the hotel & the event. You should check into that.

If you stayed in Philly, getting to the train station would be easy. I don't think there is much to do around QVC...but I bet the people putting the tours together can help you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks again, Terrier3, I will make some calls today to get information about local activities, transportation opportunities, etc.

We are planning a quick getaway and thought this might be different and fun...

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks again, Terrier3, I will make some calls today to get information about local activities, transportation opportunities, etc.

We are planning a quick getaway and thought this might be different and fun...

I have gone on Red Sox packages.

There are always very helpful people who can answer all your questions re: transportation.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

Oh you're talking about the invite to the QVC girls weekend getaways? I trashed the email, but didn't it have any travel info?

QVC is sort of out there by itself. Staying the night in Philly wouldn't even be handy. If you're flying in to PHL, get a rental car and stay in West Chester or the surrounding area (Exton, Malvern, Media).

I thought you were headed to NYC and wanted to take a side trip to QVC. NYC (and Jersey) can be he[[ish traffic wise. Expect at least a 3 hour drive between NYC and QVC. I mean it's doable, but I'm always beat down tired after getting out of NYC and driving through to S. Jersey!

Esteemed Contributor

The getaway is an all inclusive hotel and activities. I believe it is the Desmond Hotel. Three of our days would be involved with that. We thought a side trip to NYC by train would be fun.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

My father lived a few miles from Studio Park. I've stayed at the Desmond several times. (it's been more than a few years however) If you plan to do activities other than the ones related to the QVC event, you need to rent a car, otherwise you will be spending a fortune on taxis. Nothing is within walking distance. There are buses that go to the KOP mall, but I do not know if they stop near the Desmond. You can take a bus from West Chester to Philadelphia train station to get a train into New York.

I've done the QVC tour several times, (with house guests) but it's been close to 10 years. Back then it was free. I thought it was just all right. From an above catwalk, you saw a host on air and learned a lot of facts about QVC. At the end they pointed you to the stores and cafeteria.

Super Contributor

Sound like a lot of fun, tends2dogs...hope you and your friends have a great time, be sure and let us know !
Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 lulu1 said:

My father lived a few miles from Studio Park. I've stayed at the Desmond several times. (it's been more than a few years however) If you plan to do activities other than the ones related to the QVC event, you need to rent a car, otherwise you will be spending a fortune on taxis. Nothing is within walking distance. There are buses that go to the KOP mall, but I do not know if they stop near the Desmond. You can take a bus from West Chester to Philadelphia train station to get a train into New York.

I've done the QVC tour several times, (with house guests) but it's been close to 10 years. Back then it was free. I thought it was just all right. From an above catwalk, you saw a host on air and learned a lot of facts about QVC. At the end they pointed you to the stores and cafeteria.

This is my old "closed" account I was not able to access so opened another account. For some reason, from time to time it pops up after I order something.

Honored Contributor

The getaway is an all inclusive hotel and activities. I believe it is the Desmond Hotel. Three of our days would be involved with that. We thought a side trip to NYC by train would be fun.

Oh it would be great! I was totally misunderstanding your travel plans! NYC would be a good side trip. A day or two along the Atlantic would be great too if you're from the Midwest. That's about 2 hours from West Chester.

I've never actually been to the studios, but the surrounding area is really nice. There is Longwood Gardens. Lot's of other beautiful mansions and gardens in the area to tour. Great eateries.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 lulu2 said:
On 8/11/2014 lulu1 said:

This is my old "closed" account I was not able to access so opened another account. For some reason, from time to time it pops up after I order something.

Hi Lulu1&2! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}