Honored Contributor

Re: How can US citizens see a prosperous future if we have to keep replacing everything we buy?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It's wonderful advice to buy quality and if you can't afford, then wait until you can.

Wonderful if you are not wondering how you are going to afford dinner tonight and rent at the end of the month.

As for the wisdom of lower taxes for companies, all I've read here has been debunked over and over. The people who need lower taxes are not the titans of business.

@suzyQ3   If you read mine, I said "want..."  That means when it is not a necessity.  I buy necessities still the best I can afford.  Life is about doing the best you can with what you have and doing what you think is right at the time you do it and if you do the best you can, that is all expected of anybody.

Honored Contributor

Re: How can US citizens see a prosperous future if we have to keep replacing everything we buy?

Let me make an example of need, short-term need and want.  I had to have a pair of sneakers (tennis shoes, trainers, whatever) for a treadmill test.  I don't wear them.  They hurt my feet.  Why should I spent a lot of money on this need if I only needed it for about 30 minutes.  I did not.  I went to a sporting goods store and told them I wanted the least expensive pair of trainers they had for women in size 8, but they must be able to withstand the 30-minute use of a treadmill test and have soles in could walk in water.

I got a pair for $20.  My feet hurt so bad when I got home but they would have hurt if they had been a $200 pair, so I did what I thought was best at the time I did it.  I took the shoes, after spraying with Lysol, to a Goodwill store, box and all with the note:  Worn once for about an hour.  Enjoy.  If they do not sell, give them to the highest bidder for nothing.